|Posting||Residential Care Worker (Bendigo, Multiple Vacancies)|
|Job Employer||MacKillop Family Services|
|Location||Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services|
|Job posted||Jun 10, 2022|
|Job Sector||Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services|
MacKillop celebrates and draws strength from diversity and respects the dignity of all people. Every person at MacKillop has the right to be safe and to be treated justly. We value every person’s cultural or linguistic background, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expressions, intersex status, relationship status, religion or spiritual beliefs, socio-economic status, age, and abilities.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Do you want to make a difference in a young person’s life?
We’re looking for passionate, motivated people who are resilient and can respond well to direction. If you’re looking for rewarding work and have good communication skills and a positive attitude to match, we want to hear from you.
**No prior qualifications necessary, however you are required to be enrolled and undertake the Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and out of home care) within 12 months of commencement**
Multiple Permanent Full Time, Part Time and Casual vacancies available, based in Bendigo, VIC.
In this rewarding role, as a Residential Care Worker you will work collaboratively to provide a high standard of physical and emotional care to young people living within our homes. By utilising your passion and commitment, you will interact therapeutically and positively with the young people, spending quality time with them, cooking meals, undertaking household duties, and participating in daily general duties.
We encourage our workers to bring along any skills or hobbies that they might have to teach our young people new skills and prepare them for independent living.
What we offer our Residential Care Workers:
Monetary benefits and Recognition
- Travel and relocation assistance (conditions apply)
- Generous Salary Packaging up to $18,500 (helps increase your take home pay
Generous leave benefits including:
- 5 weeks of annual leave for weekend shift workers
- Additional personal and long service leave
- Paid parental leave
- Paid family violence leave
- Study leave
- Industry specific training paid by our organisation including; Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI), Cultural Awareness training, and Certificate IV in Child Youth and Family Intervention top up units (if required)
- Access to paid professional development
- Career Progression opportunities including Secondment, Higher Duties and development opportunities across different programs.
Work Environment and safety
- Supportive team and work environment, regular one on one supervision, and care team meetings
- Employee Assistance Program for employees and immediate family members
- Safety informed practices
- Culturally safe workplace
- Current and active Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island Workforce Strategy
- LGBTIQ inclusive practices
The Residential Care Worker is responsible for:
• Ensure an environment that provides a sense of safety, structure, acceptance and security at all times for children, young people and staff.
• Ensure that the children and young people’s rights and interests are protected at all times and act as an effective role model.
• Through goal directed, planned and integrated therapeutic interventions use all interactions as opportunities for therapeutic gain and positive engagement
• Support the children and young people to maintain important links with their family of origin, friendship networks and the local community.
• Address the therapeutic needs of each child or young person will the Residential Care team or wider OOHC team.
Key selection criteria:
To be successful in this role, you will have:
• A Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention (Residential and out of home care), or other similar or relevant tertiary qualifications. Applicants who do not hold the relevant qualifications must be enrolled and undertake to complete the applicable Cert IV within 12 months of commencement.
• A current valid Victorian driver’s licence and the ability to operate MacKillop passenger vehicles in accordance with all Victorian Road Safety Regulations, to conduct of the position requirements, including transportation of clients.
• A knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal culture and values and an awareness of the current issues faced by Aboriginal children, young people and their families.
For a full listing please view Position Description HERE.
You must have a:
- Proof of full vaccination against Covid-19
- Valid and current Driver’s Licence;
- Satisfactory Criminal History Check (conducted by MacKillop Family Services);
- Valid Working with Children Check;
- Valid and current NDIS Workers Screening Check
The Australian Government recently introduced the NDIS Worker Screening Check, an additional, national legislated compliance requirement to determine if a person is cleared to work with people with disability. MacKillop requires all client facing staff obtain the NDIS Worker Screening Check. An employment application will require the submission of evidence that this check has been attained or an application has been submitted. For more information and how to apply please view:
How to Apply: Click ‘Apply for this Job’ where you will be redirected to the (Residential Care Worker – Bendigo) vacancy within MacKillop’s careers page. On this page please refer to the How to Apply section at the bottom, this will take you to our recruitment portal.
Please make sure you address the selection criteria as outlined in the PD as part of your application.
For more information, please contact:
It is our goal that MacKillop Family Services continues to evolve as a culturally safe, culturally competent, and welcoming organisation to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, young people, families, and communities.
Shortlisting and interviews for this position may commence immediately so please submit your application as soon as possible.