|Posting||Principal Project Contracts Procurement | Adelaide|
|Job posted||Jun 03, 2022|
|Job Sector||Contracts Administration|
Olympic Dam Asset Projects (ODAP) provides the expertise to define, integrate and safely deliver a diverse portfolio of projects across the Mine, Surface, Infrastructure and Tailings areas between US$10M – US$250M. As a member of the Projects, Commercial Procurement sub-function for Minerals Australia you will be responsible for working collaboratively with the ODAP team to plan, implement and manage contracts according to the approved strategy with an overriding commitment to health, safety, environment responsibility and sustainable development.
The Projects, Commercial (ODAP) team requires a diligent contracts professional to provide ongoing commercial support and guidance for existing and planned contract packages. A core focus of this role will be delivering end to end contract management as an integrated member of the Projects, Commercial ODAP team and providing guidance and support to other members of the team. As part of the role you will be expected to foster collaborative relationships both the internal project team and with external parties for the successful delivery of the ODAP projects.
You will be required to travel to Company offices and sites from time to time as the project team requires.
- Development of strategies, undertake sourcing, execute new contracts and manage contract variations compliant with the BHP Charter, Code of Conduct, Group Level Documents (GLDs), Functional Level Requirements (FLRs) and relevant statutory obligations.
- Take the lead in facilitating meetings with internal and external stakeholders to sponsor deeper relationships with all supply chain partners.
- Liaise with other teams within BHP Supply on collaborative tendering strategies that deliver spend aggregation benefits.
- Monitor performance of work under contract at both project and portfolio levels in line with contracted Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Maintain business intelligence of market conditions and external risks and opportunities.
- Manage the documentation and review/ approval process for the execution of variation/ amendment requests for contracts to company guidelines.
- Review and respond to potential new vendors with suitable responses to business development enquiries.
- Escalate contractual issues to relevant stakeholders and coordinate the resolution process including the facilitation and resolution of issues arising from claims, invoicing and rebates.
Ideally, you will hold a tertiary qualification (Quantity Surveying/procurement, engineering, business, law are preferred) or similar with experience within the mining and mineral resources industry. Alternatively you might have 5-10 years’ experience on the Contractor side (engineering/technical consultancies or construction) with a demonstrated understanding of project delivery.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your advanced engagement and collaboration skills in managing stakeholder relationships. Likewise, you will have excellent interpersonal skills and a high standard of oral and written communication skills.
You will also possess the following:
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills;
- xperience in applying your strengths in analysis and problem solving in order to develop business solutions;
- Significant stakeholder management experience;
- Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team based environment;
- Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities;
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational management skills;
- Experience with establishing maintenance and support agreements;
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of products, specifically Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project;
- SAP experience and experience in a mature Contract Management System (CMS) is preferred.