|Job Employer||Georges Apparel Pty Ltd|
|Location||South West & M5 Corridor|
|Job posted||Jun 10, 2022|
|Job Sector||Pattern Makers & Garment Technicians|
About the business and the role
About the Company
Since 1946, Midford has provided Australian schools and students with innovative and high quality school wear. Designed to be both good looking and hard wearing, our dedication to quality has stood the test of time. From humble beginnings in the southern suburbs of Sydney, Midford has become Australia’s iconic school wear brand and we are proud to commemorate more than 75 years of operation.
About the Role
Primary role is to create complete accurate full garment specifications that meet specific design requirements, working closely with the Product Development Team, Production Team and Suppliers to achieve desired cut, fit, sizing and quality within set time frames. Located at Milperra site, reporting to Production Manager, you will be responsible for the creation of tech book for quoting and production. You will also liaise with local and overseas factories and the review and assessment of samples.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Support the Product Development Team in translating the design concept to technical specifications through the creation of technical specifications.
- To ensure all grading and fit are consistent with all other Midford products.
- Organise fittings with the Midford team and provide technical recommendations on fit and pattern adjustments where necessary.
- Assist in the communication of fit comments to vendors within timelines.
- Maintain consistent fits across vendor base with approved blocks
- Lead QC and Technical Design aspects to ensure Midford products meet appropriate quality requirements and customers’ expectations.
- Measure and asses samples according to the timeline and agreed quality
- Track samples and maintain accurate records in conjunction with the Product Development Team.
- Update sketches when required using Illustrator.
- Resolves in line quality issues with suppliers.
- Customer returns documented and appropriate corrective actions are implemented.
- Acts and takes corrective action to ensure product quality standards are met.
- Assist in all aspect of quality control including development sample and pre-production samples
- Assist the team in all aspect of product development when require and any other duties as required within the business.
Skills and experience
- Tertiary qualification in Pattern Making.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Garment construction and manufacturing knowledge is essential.
- Experience and knowledge in pattern making and grading in outerwear for both children and adults is essential.
- Experience in the School Uniform industry would be highly regarded.
- knowledge in Microsoft (Excel) and Adobe CC (Illustrator)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Proactive and able to work unsupervised
- Accuracy and timely execution of the key responsibilities.
- Ability to work in a Team Environment