|Posting||Assistant Floor Manager|
|Job Employer||Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre|
|Job posted||Jun 03, 2022|
Would you like to work with some of the most experienced and passionate event professionals in Australia?
At the Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre (GCCEC), we are committed to providing an excellent experience for every person who visits our venue. Join Australia’s best business event venue and become part of our world-class team that creates memorable entertainment experiences as it brings some of Australia’s most exciting events to life.
Due to an internal promotion, we are currently looking for our next superstar Assistant Floor Manager!
You’ll be responsible for servicing our world class events – including the management of banquets, exhibitions and tradeshows, entertainment and award winning food and beverage service. The team of AFM’s ensures the clients’ expectations are delivered with a “can do” attitude by providing an environment that is inspirational and flexible.
ABOUT THE ROLE!
The role is varied and unique, but some key areas of responsibilities include:
- Day-to-day management of operations ensuring customer service standards are maintained and leadership and direction is effectively provided to all event team members
- Planning the events in consultation with key stakeholders
- Liaising with clients about the details of their events
- Ensuring compliance of the Responsible Service of Alcohol policy within all catered functions
- Delivering pre-event briefings to team members
- Employee relations management
- Ensuring all team members are working safely and observing safety policies and procedures
To be successful in this role, you’ll have:
- Previous leadership experience in a large banqueting/food and beverage environment
- Previous experience in coordinating exhibition/tradeshow style catering
- Experience in managing, motivating, leading and providing direction to a large team e.g 100 +
- Current RMLV Certificate and Licence or the ability to quickly acquire, coupled with experience in the management of RSA in a large venue
You’ll also have previous experience in developing and maintaining customer service standards, excellent organisational, time management and interpersonal skills, the ability to multitask while maintaining a calm and efficient demeanour. You’ll also be impeccable in your personal presentation and the ability and desire to instil this in team members.
This is a fabulous opportunity for an ambitious and dedicated hospitality professional looking to specialise in events and lead large teams to success. You’ll need to be available to work a rotating roster including days, nights and weekends.
Working at GCCEC brings many benefits, including access to a great corporate discount program, onsite undercover free parking, an onsite team member café, access to an employee assistance program, health and well-being programs, training, and development and much more.
Applications for this role will be accepted until 17th June 2022.
To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter outlining how you meet the criteria above.