|Job Employer||Australia Post Group|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job posted||Jun 03, 2022|
|Job Sector||Engineering – Software|
Job no: 53852160
Brand: Australia Post
Categories: Corporate Services
Work type: Permanent Full Time
Look after our people, Delight our customers & community, Build a sustainable business
Customer Experience & Digital Technology is at the core of Australia Post’s long-term vision & strategy. That’s why our teams of technologists specialising in Engineering, Analysis and Design coupled with our Delivery craft are enabled to deliver iteratively under a well established Scaled Agile Framework.
We provide a collaborative and supportive environment that ensures we deliver the best in market products & features – continually developing and enhancing commercial offerings via a unique breadth of projects operating in a dynamic, small team culture that is agile and feels more like a start-up than a 213-year old icon. With a proven track record for creating products that our customers love and trust, we are committed to delivering a sustainable future for Australia by creating market leading digital experiences which delight our customers & community.
We’re on the lookout for innovative people to join our teams. You will be responsible for managing and transforming products, delivering innovation and building out our enterprise digital products & services offering to support online growth.
What does the role involve?
You will be a senior member of an Agile, innovative team responsible for the design, development and support of Australia Post’s cloud-based Consumer Tracking platform. You will work in coordination with architecture, operations, systems and other agile teams to deliver applications to support one of AP’s mission critical systems. What you will be doing:
- Collaboratively work on the analysis, design and development of high volume, low latency applications to deliver highly available API capabilities.
- Write well structured, testable code using Java, Groovy and Java based frameworks (Spring Boot, SparkJava)
- Deploy, test, monitor and support mission critical systems
- Provide technical reviews, feedback and guidance to junior team members
- Engage in the Agile (SAFE) process
- at least 5 years of development experience
- solid Java language skills (familiarity with concurrency and functional programming paradigms)
- knowledge of CI/CD concepts, and good working knowledge of source control systems and build pipelines (git, gitlab)
- experience with Cloud Computing on the AWS platform
- Unix/Linux skills
We believe investing in our people is good business.
That’s why we have a team dedicated to career coaching and support for our employees. We have a culture that promotes genuine work/life balance ensuring that we look after our people and continue to build a sustainable business.
Our teams operate flexibly so please speak to us about what this could look like for you
You will have:
- Autonomy in the role
- On the job learning and development
- Opportunity to work with new and emerging technology
- Access to key learning platforms like LinkedIn Learning and Udemy
- A sense of purpose driven by vision and team mission
- An awesome group of people who love to have fun
Together, our differences make us stronger.
With a reach across Australia and beyond, we’re building a workforce that’s as diverse as the communities we serve. Learn more about how we’re supporting inclusion at Australia Post, here. If you require adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please reach out to the Talent Acquisition Diversity Team at [email protected].
Australia Post welcomes applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islanders. Check out this short video to find out how we acknowledge and pay our respects to the Traditional Custodians of the land we operate on.
Ready to join the next evolution of Australia Post?
Click apply now, to help shape our tomorrow.
Advertised: 03 Jun 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 17 Jun 2022 AUS Eastern Standard Time