|Job Employer||Mackay Regional Council|
|Location||Recruitment – Internal|
|Salary||Base Rate $37.48 + Super + Applicable Allowances|
|Job Sector||Recruitment – Internal|
Mackay Regional Council is seeking an experienced Recruitment Officer to join the Employee Services Team on a Temporary Maternity Leave coverage contract working full time hours until October 2023.
The Recruitment Officer is responsible in administering the recruitment and selection process; providing efficient human resourcing for Council; and to support process improvement and development activities that drive an efficient and effective recruitment function in alignment with operational and strategic objectives, including HR project work.
The successful candidate will have:
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar recruitment or selection role; or
• Completion of an appropriate Diploma or Certificate with relevant experience
• Sound knowledge of best practice recruitment and selection techniques, and other human resource practices in relation to the attraction of talented candidates.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (written and verbal), including negotiation and consultation skills and the ability to display tact, discretion and integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
• Well-developed skills in behavioural interviewing and targeted selection techniques.
• Effective time management skills with the ability to set priorities, plan and organise one’s own work.
• Ability to facilitate effective collaborative relationships with internal and external customers.
• Ability to interpret Awards and Industrial Agreements for staff and management.
• Working knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and Anti-Discrimination Acts.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits:
- Base Hourly Rate $37.48 + applicable allowances
- Up to 10% superannuation
- Choice of 4 or 5 weeks’ annual leave with 17.5% leave loading
- 9 Day Fortnight Roster
- May be eligible for salary sacrificing options
- Learning and development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee health and wellbeing initiatives
- Active social club
Interested in joining the team?
For us to assess if you are the one we are searching for, please submit, a cover letter, resume and a brief statement addressing the selection criteria. The selection criteria can be found on the Position Description, available to be downloaded from the vacancy on Council’s website.
For the Position Description and information on how to apply please visit https://vacancies.mackay.qld.gov.au/MRC_ER/VacancyList.aspx
Applications Close: 23rd June 2022
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer, where all applicants are treated with fairness and respect and have equal access to all opportunities available. At Mackay Regional Council, diversity is about creating a respectful and inclusive workplace that recognises the unique contributions and perspectives of our employees, working together to deliver extraordinary results.