|Posting||Tax Manager (Casual)|
|Job Employer||Beacon Lighting|
This is a casual role as the workload will vary from week to week and month to month. We anticipate that weekly hours will vary up to 25 hours a week on occasions and will be driven by complying with taxation requirements at that time.
This role will primarily be a work from home role, however, there will be the occasional need to work at our Store Support Office.
We offer a very attractive hourly rate, generous product discounts, bonuses, and a great supportive team culture
- Join Australia’s leading lighting retailer
- Very attractive hourly rate, bonuses, and a great supportive team culture
- Questions? Please contact Steve Moir on 0457 535 904
The Beacon Lighting story began in Melbourne in 1967 with a single store and the drive to brighten up people’s lives. Since then, we’ve grown to become Australia’s leading specialist retailer of lights, ceiling fans and light globes, with over 120 stores nationwide and a team of over 1,000 people in Australia and beyond. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. And it’s their wellbeing that drives us to develop stylish, innovative, and energy-efficient products that help them live brighter, live lighter, live cooler, live warmer, live well, live smarter and to simply, live life.
We are currently seeking a Casual Tax Manager. Reporting to the CFO, the purpose of the role is to effectively manage all tax matters for the Beacon Lighting Group and all related entities and ensure that the Group meets all taxation legislative and regulatory requirements. The Tax Manager is also responsible for assisting senior financial management in tax planning and financial management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage and assist in the preparation of income tax returns in Australia and in other international countries
- Liaise with the relevant tax advisers in Australia and all other relevant international countries to meet all taxation legislative and regulatory obligations
- Manage the indirect tax (FBT, Payroll, custom duties and GST) calculations and submissions for Australian entities
- Calculate the half year and full year tax effect accounting calculations
- Liaise with external taxation advisers in the preparation of transfer pricing calculation and documentation
- Manage and co-ordinate the novated lease program with Lease Express
- Manage process improvements to minimize the risk of errors and increase efficiencies (incl. implementation of improvements to tax related systems)
- Manage tax reviews, audits and other communication with all relevant tax authorities
- Review and update company tax policies on a yearly basis
- Assist with other ad hoc tasks and drive process improvements
- Work collaboratively with all Finance functions and the wider business
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience in a tax role with an accounting firm or have worked in a similar corporate environment
- Be CA / CPA qualified
In return for your efforts, we offer a very attractive hourly rate, generous product discounts, bonuses, and a great supportive team culture. This role will primarily be a work from home role, however, there will be the occasional need to work at our Store Support Office. This is a fantastic opportunity to work within an ASX listed company that has been constantly evolving and striving for success for over 50 years.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience required, we’d love to hear from you. Click on ‘Apply Now’ and follow the prompts.