|Job Employer||Hawthorn Football Club|
|Job Sector||PA, EA & Secretarial|
This position presents a unique opportunity to work for Hawthorn Football Club that is rich in history, proud, successful and a respected member of the AFL
The Hawthorn Football Club is known as the family club. You will work and thrive in an environment that is committed to excellence and supported by a culture of wellbeing and work/family balance.
Our strategic priorities guide the Club to deliver long term objectives to continually grow, innovate and achieve on-field success. This includes the introduction of our AFL Women’s team in 2022, the building of our new state of the art facility – The Kennedy Community Centre and the extension of the club’s Tasmanian Government partnership.
About The Role:
We have a great opportunity for an experienced and professional Executive Assistant (EA). This EA role will report directly to the CEO and will provide executive administration support to the CEO, Executives and Board of Directors.
Key accountabilities for the EA will include but not be limited to:
- Attend and take minutes at confidential meetings across all portfolios of the Club, in addition, to managing all travel itineraries including flight and accommodation bookings for CEO, President and Board Members.
- Provide key assistance in all Club functions, ensuring all Directors, past players, VIP’s and sponsors are invited to all home games and major events and ensuring tickets are distributed and guests of the Club receive high levels of service
- Act as the conduit between the Club and its Coterie groups, sponsors and VIP’s with the distribution of information including the coordination of meetings and distribution of all ticketing information at the start of an AFL season.
- Coordinate the yearly calendar for all sub-committee meetings. Liaising with Board members around availability, agenda items, priorities, resolving conflict and ensuring the club remains on task
- Ad hoc projects as required
This is a full-time ongoing position, located onsite at Bunjil Bagora in Mulgrave. Flexible working options are available for the right candidate. Weekend work is required over the year with attendance required at home games and Club events.
You are highly organised with suitable experience in a comparable role, with a similar line of authority and demonstrated experience in handling and upholding confidential matters in a diplomatic and discreet manner.
You build strong relationships and have excellent communication and organisational skills, high attention to detail and the ability to effectively prioritise and manage your time.
You have the innate ability to think to think strategically to forward plan and monitor future priorities and experience in the development and distribution of executive documents and professional presentations.
You will be enthusiastic and enjoy a high energy environment, working within a dynamic team.
Our offer to you
As a Hawthorn Football Club employee, you will have access to unique programs and offerings. Your health and wellbeing will be nurtured through our in-house programs, and you will be able to make the most of discounts from our Corporate Partners including activewear, health insurance and vehicles.
As a valued staff member of “the family club” you will be a part of a fun, inclusive and flexible work environment.
Your personal and professional development is important to the club, and we will support you to reach your goals.
Applications close Friday 1st July 2022
The Hawthorn Football Club is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and diverse candidates. We provide a welcoming, safe and flexible approach to work and provide an environment that benefits from and enables the best from everyone.
As an organisation we are committed to protecting children and young people from harm. It is essential that anyone involved with the Hawthorn Football Club understands their responsibility in relation to child safety. Our organisation requires all applicants to obtain a ‘Working with Children Check’ prior to appointment.