|Posting||Administration Officer – Quality Assurance|
|Job Employer||Incat Tasmania Pty Ltd|
|Location||Records Management & Document Control|
|Job Sector||Records Management & Document Control|
Incat is a global leader in optimal lightweight ship solutions for ferry operators and special service providers. From fast, flexible and efficient vehicle-passenger ferries to high-speed support vessels, crew ships and dynamic platforms, Incat sets the benchmark in aluminium ship technology.
From sail to steam, steam to diesel, now to electric: the electric revolution is now. Incat is preparing to step into the next phase of our journey, moving towards zero-emission ferries that are fast, lightweight, efficient, and innovative in design.
We are entering an exciting period of growth and transformation and our team is growing – it’s an excellent time to come aboard and join the Incat crew.
Building our team
We’re looking for a skilled Administration Officer to join our Quality Assurance team.
This role will work with the Quality Assurance team in the development and implementation of documentation, writing instructional manuals, logging and filing documentation, scheduling, and assisting in identifying, communicating, reporting, and resolving quality issues in line with Incat Quality System requirements.
This position is based at our shipyard in the picturesque Prince of Wales Bay, conveniently located just 4km from the City of Glenorchy and 7km from Hobart’s CBD.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Developing and supporting the implementation of vessel-specific documentation such as craft operating manuals, crew training manuals, planned maintenance systems, construction procedures, and other documents required for vessel construction and operation
- Compiling, verifying and submitting vessel certification documentation
- Undertaking risk assessments and audits on vessels under construction and throughout the shipyard
- Supporting the scheduling of vessel surveys, commissioning, and sea trials
- Assisting in the development of quality system and project documentation
- Identifying, communicating, reporting and resolving/escalating quality issues as they arise
You’ll need to bring:
- Previous experience in an administration role requiring high attention to detail
- The ability to work in a team environment, developing effective working relationships and partnering with team members
- Very strong English literacy skills with the ability to design and edit complex technical documents, databases and spreadsheets
- A high level of computer literacy, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
Culture and benefits
Our people are the heart of our business and we take great pride in our diverse and talented workforce. A career with Incat means joining a family-owned Tasmanian company with a global focus. We’re proud and excited to continue to showcase the Tasmanian innovation, design and quality that have driven us for more than 40 years.
We are pleased to offer to all Incat employees:
- Flexible work options
- Salary sacrifice opportunities – superannuation
- Annual performance and salary review
- Ongoing professional development
- All uniform and PPE items provided where required
- Free on-site parking
Diversity, equity and inclusion
Incat is committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive and respectful work environment. We strongly encourage people from all walks of life to apply.
Want to know more?
Contact Morgan Fiddian – People and Culture Partner on 03 6271 1246 for more information or apply today.