|Posting||Sponsored Mobility Project Officer|
|Job Employer||The University of Queensland|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||+ super of up to 17%|
|Job Sector||Administrative Assistants|
- Global Engagement/Partnerships
- HEW Level 6
- Full-time Continuing position
- Closing date 3 July 2022 at 11:00PM AEST (R-13290)
About This Opportunity
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced person to support the mobility programs managed by Global Partnerships. Sponsored Mobility Project Officer is responsible for the coordination and administration of short-term mobility programs including the New Colombo Plan (NCP) program, Destination Australia scholarship program and other government and non-government funded grants and scholarships programs.
The position will also work with academic staff, priority partners and providers to develop new short-term mobility opportunities to support the achievement of UQ’s Global Strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing and sustaining mutually beneficial relationships with external stakeholders which include the sponsor or sponsor’s agents, foreign Embassies, Group of Eight (Go8) contacts, priority partners and internship providers.
- Supporting the promotion and administration of UQ’s participation in a range of prestigious scholarship programs, such as Westpac and Fulbright scholarship programs.
- Assisting with the administration and promotional activities of government and non-government funded mobility initiatives such as the New Colombo Plan and Destination Australia.
- Developing communications, application resources and content for websites to increase awareness and applications for grants and scholarship schemes
- Coordinating internship, placement and/or additional training activities for students as required under the mobility arrangements and monitoring participation in these activities and reporting outcomes to the sponsor or nominate agency.
- Monitoring academic progress and reporting the academic progress to the sponsor or third parties (agents) as required under approved agreement.
- Manage and execute the distribution of academic transcripts for students each semester as required under the mobility arrangements
- Representing the Sponsored Students Unit within Global Partnerships by presenting/communicating scholarship information at staff forums, student forums and external forums/conferences.
This role is subject to The University’s Code of Conduct.
- A relevant degree and substantial experience within the university sector or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated project and/or program management skills, including the ability to identify solutions to problems and challenges.
- Strong client service focus, including the ability to work well in a team and relate easily and effectively to people from diverse backgrounds and of varying social status.
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills.
- A proven ability to be highly organised and self-managing, including a demonstrated capacity to establish work priorities, meet timelines, work independently and accept responsibility.
- Sound understanding of international student administrative processes and support initiatives within a tertiary environment.
- Knowledge of Australian scholarship programs, such as the New Colombo Plan, Destination Australia Scholarship scheme and Westpac Scholars program.
- Experience in managing student mobility/exchange programs and/or international partner engagement.
- Previous use of systems such as SI-net and Business Objects.
What We Can Offer
This is a Full-time,100% FTE, Continuing position at HEW Level 6.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $82,399.95 – $88,503.79 plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $96,407.94 – $103,549.43 per annum.
The following flexible employment options may be available for this role some working from home; variable start or finish times.
For further information about UQ’s benefits, please visit Why Work at UQ and review The University of Queensland’s Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018 – 2021.
Want to Apply?
All applicants must upload the following documents in order for your application to be considered:
- Cover letter addressing the ‘About You’ section
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels, including direct email, will not be accepted.
About The Selection Process
The University of Queensland is committed to ensuring all candidates are provided with the opportunity to attend the panel interviews, however, for those candidates who are unable to attend in person, video interview options will be available.
Work Rights: You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
Background Checks: All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to [email protected].
If you are a current employee of the University, or hold an unpaid or affiliate appointment with the University, please login to your staff Workday account and visit the internal careers board to apply for this opportunity. Please do NOT apply via the external job board.