|Job Employer||Cancer Council SA|
|Salary||Salary + Super + Salary Pac000aging|
- Full time, part time and casual roles available with flexible working hours
- CBD Fringe Location with salary packaging
- Be a part of South Australia’s leading cancer charity
As a Cancer Council SA receptionist you will be the face of the organisation, providing the front end support for South Australia’s new home of cancer accommodation, research, prevention and support.
About the company
Cancer Council SA’s vision is a cancer free future. Every minute, every hour, every day, we’re getting closer through impactful research, the delivery of cancer prevention activities, education and advocacy programs and providing support to people affected by cancer right here in South Australia.
Cancer Council is the only charity to help people from the point of diagnosis through to treatment and survivorship. We are proud to have served the community for over 90 years and have an enviable reputation as one of South Australia’s most trusted charities.
Located at 202 Greenhill Road our brand new facility incorporates 120 rooms of guest accommodation and one level of corporate office space.
We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic person with exceptional customer service skills, experienced in front office reception to join our team at Cancer Council SA. This position will be responsible for all front desk operations including taking reservations, assisting with guest queries, processing travel subsidy forms, payment transactions and other general office duties as required. The role requires a passion for customer service, a compassionate telephone manner, excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills, experience with front office booking systems, strong attention to detail, and high standards of personal presentation. The ability to work in a team environment with flexible working hours is essential with the rostered hours to include weekdays, weekends and public holidays.
- Welcoming all guests and visitors delivering exceptional customer service. Orientating guests to site facilities, informing them of the various services available. Announce visitors ensuring their contact person is advised of their presence. All visitors and guests must be signed in.
- The administration of reservations including bookings/arrivals/departures and the preparation of guest accounts utilising booking software (RMS).
- Liaising with key stakeholders regarding any guest requirements e.g. Housekeeping, Catering, Maintenance and Social Work.
- Observing guest activity, ensuring their needs are met and their stay is as comfortable as possible.
- Arranging support services such as Transport to Treatment, shopping trips and social work support.
- Processing of payment transactions, reconciliation of daily takings (Cash/EFTPOS) and banking
- Responding to on-site emergency situations by following procedures, including contacting emergency services as required.
- Preparing daily reports
- Undertake Night Duty Officer shift as required.
- General reception office duties and provide administrative support to alternate departments.
- Support and training new reception team members.
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Reception, accommodation and concierge experience
- Experience in working with a reservation system. Working knowledge of RMSCloud or similar is desirable.
- Flexibility to work various rostered shifts, including early mornings, late evenings and on weekends
- Must be highly organised, practice good time management, attention to detail and be able to multi task
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must enjoy guest interaction and have empathy for people undergoing medical treatment.
- Professional telephone manner and excellent standards of personal presentation.
- Ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team and at times under pressure.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal sensitively with client feedback
- Ability to work within the boundaries of the role and escalate issues to senior staff to achieve optimal guest outcomes
- Competence in MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour.
- The successful applicant must be a non-smoker.
- Intra/inter-state travel, out of hours and weekend work may be required
- Appointment will be subject to a satisfactory police check and may require a further Department of Human Services clearance.
- All staff are required to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration or have an exemption that has been endorsed by the Chief Public Health Officer or their delegate.
Applications close Tuesday 5 July 2022 at 5pm.
With respect, no recruitment agencies please.
Cancer Council SA promotes and values diversity, applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
As an organisation, Cancer Council SA are committed to creating a safe workforce for all.
Cancer Council SA employees have been trained by Rosemary Wanganeen in Bi-Cultural Awareness, Safety and Inclusion and we welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.