|Job Employer||Heyder & Shears|
|Location||CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs|
|Salary||$70000 – $89999 Depending on experience.|
A talented and motivated Event Manager is required for a full-time position at Heyder & Shears’ East Perth office. As part of this role, you will plan events, create menus, and work with numerous suppliers in the management of bespoke catering events for our many valued clients.
We are a passionate team looking for someone who shares our enthusiasm for catering excellence. Although you will be trained in all aspects of the job, you will be expected to express your own passion and flair as well.
Working with our amazing team of expert chef’s you will manage events showcasing the best in food and beverage service. We are fortunate that our clients value quality food and excellent service as much as we do. Your ability to conceptualise the perfect event will be vital in meeting client expectations.
This is the perfect role for someone with a genuine passion for high end presentation and service. Within a supportive structure you will have the autonomy to create bespoke offerings.
To fit the bill, you will need:
- A boundless appetite for food and good produce – we live and breathe a passion for all things food.
- Keen eye for unique, quirky and innovative events globally for inspiration
- Demonstrated interest and experience within the catering and hospitality industry – event management experience a must.
- Ability to ease into a strong, successful team and able to adapt to different environments quickly
- An eye for detail and consistency
- Good time management practices, with an ability to work quickly and solve logistical issues efficiently under pressure.
- Have an Approved Manager Certificate, or willing to get one before commencing work (Must have RSA)
- Available to work weekends when required
General Event Manager Responsibilities
- Planning events; menu writing, scheduling, overseeing production and styling, sourcing venues, bump in/out schedules, and overseeing logistics with acute planning
- Writing creative menus and conceptualizing events. Identifying opportunities to enhance outcomes for clients.
- Developing the clients’ ideas and guiding them in what is necessary and acceptable for their event. Make sure the whole event is executed to the highest standards
- Oversee the Operations and Logistics for your events, ensuring the service teams are setup for success.
- Exhibit strong food and beverage knowledge, exploring new trends and ensuring our services remain the best.
- Have presence at events as necessary – ensuring client satisfaction, support to Function Mangers and troubleshooting issues to avoid event impact.
- Developing and nurturing client relationships, as well as relationships with suppliers
- Maintain a standard of confidentiality with company matters
- Drive organisational culture, and live our values of: Connected, Excellence, Progressive
- Actively contribute to office management, welcoming guests and supporting other team members as required.
- A willingness to support events managed by Heyder & Shears, including being an active member of the team on our large high profile events.
- Ensure approved manager certification is maintained at all times.
- Exceptional presentation, appropriate for variety of clients and locations we service.
Operating in Perth for over 30 years, Heyder & Shears Catering have earned an outstanding reputation as a high profile provider of catering and event management services in the Western Australian marketplace.
Heyder & Shears curates bespoke catering and event design to meet the individual needs of their clients. In so doing, we pride ourselves on using the excellent produce and panoramas that are Western Australia.
Under the direction of Executive Chef Stephen Watson, the Heyder & Shears kitchen constantly evolves and innovates to produce menus to suit our clients varied requirements. Excellence is at the forefront of everything that comes out of our kitchen, and excellence is our driving value that we strive for every day.
Heyder & Shears is committed to exquisite food and impeccable service.
Please supply your CV & Cover Letter to be considered for this position.
References will show you are a dedicated team player who will treat the business as if it were your own.