|Posting||Cost Controller – Daydream Island|
|Job Employer||Signature Staff|
Unspoilt luxury paradise island resort in the Whitsundays “Daydream Island Resort” is seeking a Cost Controller.
Your new workplace
Surrounded by immaculate turquoise waters, the island has world-class venues and facilities, including first class accommodation, a multitude of food beverage outlets as well as major event / conference space. The island has a strong focus on marine wildlife conservation and there are outstanding career development opportunities on offer.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant Manager, and working in conjunction with the Financial Controller, your role is to ensure budget guidelines for purchasing expenditure are adhered to ensuring quality for price philosophy to maximise the use of expenditure
Some of the things you will be doing in your new role:
- Acquire quotations
- Liaise with Heads of Departments to ensure product / goods required are sourced and meets their needs.
- Manage new assets acquisitions
- Build up a reliable and trustworthy trading relationship with suppliers
- Ensure the quality of goods purchased meets the standards
- Monitor all storage areas
- Staff Management and training
- Assist in the development of the Annual Business Plan and Financial Budget
To be successful in this role, you will need the following
- Solid previous experience in a similar environment
- Leadership skills
- Analytics and reporting skills
- Experience with inventory systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Experience with Sun Systems Financial Accounts Software and Simphony POS systems will be well regarded
What’s in it for me?
- Genuine career and self-development opportunities
- Generous salary
- Represent a premier product and brand
- Great team environment
- Live on position – Sole accommodation
If you would like to be considered for this role please apply now, using the link below. We are unable to process applications from candidates with temporary working visas or those seeking sponsorship.
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link below. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please contact Vlasta Eriksson at [email protected], quoting Ref No. VE2022PM.