|Posting||Venue Manager (Small Bar)|
|Job Employer||Woods Hospitality|
|Location||Fremantle & Southern Suburbs|
Who’s Your Mumma is one of Freo’s fave small bars. We’re a local, community oriented bar, with an lot of love for our regulars. Our focus is on great cocktails, quality beer and wine with a laid back vibe. We’re passionate about quality drinks. Our working conditions are excellent, and we have a pretty damn strong team vibe. We encourage and expect our staff to get involved with cocktail comps, industry events, training, and all that good stuff.
Qualifications & experience
- This job would suit either an existing venue manager, or an existing 2IC at a slightly bigger place. We won’t be hiring anyone for their first management job.
- Ideally, you’ll also be an experienced cocktail bartender, with experience in developing your own original drinks as well as being able to assist other staff in balancing their creations.
- You will of course have strong product knowledge, as you will be choosing our product offering going forward. This includes spirits, wine, cocktails, and craft beer.
- Good relationships with the major reps would be ideal, as would strong connections within the bar scene.
- As an experienced manager, you’ll be all over the dry stuff: stock management, inventory and ordering, cost management, pricing, promotions, social media, and absolutely everything that goes into running a small bar.
Tasks & responsibilities
- Our new venue manager will be in charge of everything about the bar’s operations. You’ll make sure that we provide great food and drinks, with excellent, friendly and relaxed service.
- You will lead from the front, by example. You’ll be behind the bar, not in the office. That said, you will need to help with the odd stocktake, the rosters, and to come to understand how your decisions affect the business’s finances.
- We really are a small bar – so you will be getting stuck into absolutely everything that needs doing, at some point.
- We also run a tiny kitchenette, offering much better food than you’d expect from a small bar. Some food background would help, but it’s not essential if you’re willing to learn. Everyone does their bit.
- You know the drill, right? Because this isn’t your first rodeo.
- First and foremost, we offer a workplace that looks after our team. We expect you to create a positive and supportive environment for the crew, and we will do the same for you. We work hard but have fun while doing it.
- You’ll have plenty of room to contribute your creativity to our offering.
- We support staff training and development, and we’ll want you to take the time to develop our crew’s capabilities as well as your own. We’re serious about this – past venue managers have had trips to Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans and Bar Week in Sydney as part of their skills development.
- Our local, community, small-bar vibe means a lesser than average requirement to deal with difficult or obnoxious customers – we are just not that sort of place.
- We are all about friendly service, regulars, and locals. Your banter, warmth, charm, and friendliness will be outstanding.
- If you can make the business thrive, you will be rewarded accordingly. You will be highly independent, charged with making the place work.
- Salary package will be highly competitive, and includes base salary, profit share, salary packaging, and strong support for education, training, and travel.
- We’re locally owned, with a small-venue culture, and strong Freo connections.