|Posting||Front Office Manager – Kings Canyon|
|Job Employer||Discovery Holiday Parks|
Located in the heart of the Red Centre in the Northern Territory, Discovery Kings Canyon is one of Australia’s most treasured tourism icons. Set among native bushland and dramatic sandstone escarpments, the resort delivers an unrivalled setting for holidaymakers to enjoy truly immersive outback holiday experiences.
Celebrating ancient culture and supporting the traditional custodians of this historic area is at the heart of Discovery Kings Canyon’s operations and, with exciting investment and development planned, it is sure to become a flagship accommodation offering in our high-end resort portfolio.
With a six-tent luxury glamping precinct set unobtrusively among the native landscape, customers can experience high-end camping with all the trimmings under the Northern Territory skies. A further 128 hotel resort rooms offer a cool sanctuary in the desert, with the deluxe offerings including spa, private balcony and the best scenic views.
For backpackers and value travelers, lodge-style accommodation is available with either shared or private rooms and shared amenities. Of course, the campground also accommodates caravans and tent camping enjoy the wonders of the Red Centre and Top End.
Discovery Kings Canyon has a large F&B component with several restaurants and bar. Catering to a diverse range of tastes from higher-end dining to bistro style favourites and BBQ, the emphasis on fresh, local ingredients and an Aussie take on hearty favourites.
The Front Office Manager is responsible for the overall management of the front office function, ensuring accurate processing of all guest and external operator accounts, coordination of guest transfers and maintaining a high level of communication with all resort Departments, whilst maintaining a high standard of guest services and customer relations in line with Discovery Parks standards.
Skills & Experience
- Previous experience as a Front Office Manager in a Hotel/Resort setting
- Experience managing a diverse team to achieve high guest satisfaction
- Ability to keep a fantastic team culture in a remote setting
- Demonstrated success in reconciliations, Financial analysis, planning and control
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Knowledge of Front Office systems and ability to quickly learn new processes
- Proactive approach to guest satisfaction, experience and feedback
The Height of the Discovery Kings Canyon season runs from April through to October. The successful Front Office Manager will be required on site from approx. August 2022 to ensure a smooth handover process and to assist with the planning for the next season ramp up.
- Discounted accommodation for you, your family & friends across the 300 G’Day Group network of holiday parks and resorts
- Discounted products from our G’Day Rewards Partners including gym memberships, flights, petrol, car and camper van hire and more!
- Live, work and breath true Aussie outback
- Great on-site staff community – be apart of the family
- Exceptional mentor to learn further from
- Growth opportunities within the company
- Fantastic package on offer with free accommodation, meals and relocation assistance.
We believe in creating experiences that people will always want more of. Inspiring and share worthy; the real stuff memories are made of.
Do you want to discover more to life? Then apply now!
Discover more to life – APPLY NOW!
*Please note that roles with Onsite & Live-In Accommodation do not allow pets.
**Prior to an offer of employment being made, candidates must provide authority for a Federal Police Clearance to disclose any criminal offences or charges.
Discovery Parks is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our staff, customers and the communities we operate in. Discovery Parks has implemented a vaccination policy which requires all employees, wherever possible, to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. This covid vaccination policy applies to all new Discovery Parks employees.