|Posting||Learning & Development Specialist|
|Job Employer||Sydney Water Corporation|
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Training & Development|
Learning & Development Specialist
- Permanent Full-time Position
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working – Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a positive contribution to the lives of our customers, communities and our environment.
We have a proud heritage and a bright, progressive future, providing world-class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We embrace innovation and encourage diversity – importantly our people and their passion for their work are key to achieving our vision of creating a better life.
About the role
Our team of Learning & Development Specialists ensure Sydney Water has relevant learning solutions to build the capability of our people to meet current and future business requirements. Experts in adult learning, they work across the full learning life cycle, leading engagements with internal stakeholders through all stages.
- Proactively engage with the People Partners and business stakeholders to understand business capability requirements, learning priorities and challenges and develop appropriate learning solutions
- Provide guidance and support to People Leaders to develop capability and drive best practise development solutions to support a high performing culture
- Conduct training/learning needs analysis and build learning plans, across all learning needs from highly technical/professional domains, to more generalist learning requirements
- Design learning artefacts, capability frameworks, elearning, virtual classroom and classroom training for core operational and corporate parts of the organisation
- Design, source and/or curate and facilitate appropriate learning programs and interventions (70:20:10) to support the capability priorities of Sydney Water (excluding Leadership development)
- Lead L&D program delivery
- Analyse evaluation data and adjust programs as required to optimise impact
- Embed learning innovation and industry good practice into learning and development frameworks
You are a lifelong learner, innately curious about business and building capabilities to deliver on strategic outcomes. You have a preference for working in environments with a diverse workforce that has capability requirements spanning safety and operational needs through to change, innovation and everything in between. You have knowledge and experience working across consulting to scope out needs, designing solutions and implementing them across the business. Degree qualified in education, OD, learning or Certificate IV in workplace training and assessing would be ideal. Passionate about the use of technology and data.
- Demonstrated experience, skills, and application across the entire learning lifecycle
- Program and project management experience
- Extensive experience delivering significant programs of work in a number of organisations, preferably in operational environments
- Leading change initiatives and innovation in HR / OD practices across complex and geographically dispersed organisations and playing a lead role in transformation efforts
- Specific experience in designing engaging learning products and the ability to design impact evaluation
- Understanding of adult learning principles and other notable learning design philosophies, strategies and theories, and the ability to apply those concepts
- Ability to articulate learning objectives that are practical, focused, concise and measurable
- Strong interpersonal skills, especially coaching and communications skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with SME’s, project managers and collaborate both in person and long distance
Closing date: Sunday 26th June 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.