|Job Employer||Akuna Capital|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||$65-70000 base + super + 10% bonus|
|Job Sector||Recruitment – Internal|
What you’ll do as a Recruitment Coordinator at Akuna:
Akuna is seeking a highly organized and detail orientated coordinator to join our campus recruitment team. Our teams goal is to attract and recruit the best interns and graduates for our trading, development and research teams. We are a collaborative team focused on providing the best possible experience for all prospective candidates and running high quality recruitment events. With our expanding growth rate and no signs of slowing down, be prepared to take on an exciting challenge with significant opportunity for growth. In this role, you will:
- Manage large volumes of enquires from applicants that come through the team inbox
- Support recruiters in peak times with application reviews, administering testing, and interview scheduling
- Manage the term time internship program (interns that work part time throughout the year)
- Work with external providers (such as CareerHub or GradConnection) on job postings and marketing activities
- Coordinate the student Ambassador program
- Book travel accommodation for staff and candidates travelling interstate and internationally
- Support across adhoc experienced recruitment projects, event coordination, internship program & keep warm initiatives
- Assisting with compiling data for reports
- Represent Akuna at Career Fairs and other promotional events
Requirements for the role:
- 1-3 years of experience (including internships and part time work) in any of the following areas:
- Coordination and administration
- Recruitment, particularly campus recruitment
- Running events or managing projects
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident, or full working visa
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proactive problem-solver capable of identifying issues and generating solutions
- Can work independently while also being a team player with a can-do attitude
- Flexibility to deal with last minute changes, the ability to remain calm under pressure and comfortable working with minimal direction
- Desire to win and recruit the best talent into Akuna!
Qualities that make great candidates:
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, events, business or related studies
- Strong with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook and Excel
Akuna Capital is an innovative trading firm with a strong focus on collaboration, cutting-edge technology, data driven solutions and automation. We specialise in providing liquidity as an options market maker – meaning we are committed to providing competitive quotes that we are willing to both buy and sell. To do this successfully we design and implement our own low latency technologies, trading strategies and mathematical models. At Akuna we have a flat structure, where the best idea wins.
Our Founding Partners, including our CEO Andrew Killion, first conceptualised Akuna in their hometown of Sydney. They opened our first office in 2011 in Chicago, the heart of the derivatives & options industry. Akuna then expanded to Sydney in 2018 to be the centre of our Asian trading operations, and in 2021 we moved to our Barangaroo waterfront office. We currently trade in HK, Korea, India, cryptocurrencies, and US night markets and are excited for expansions into all the major Asian exchanges. We also have offices in London, Shanghai and Boston.
At Akuna, we believe that the people are the centre of everything we do. Our Sydney office has a start-up feel with less than 200 people, which means you really get to know the team! We run social poker competitions, happy hours, have a fully stacked breakfast and snack room, host social events, go on company trips, social club events, and offer great training with our Akuna University. We are expanding rapidly and looking for the best talent to join us on this journey. If you enjoy being part of smart, driven teams with real challenges to solve- this could be the place for you!