|Job Employer||BAE Systems|
|Location||Records Management & Document Control|
|Job Sector||Records Management & Document Control|
- All Systems GO! Be part of the next generation of defence technology
- Bring your Configuration Control expertise to this key role
- Enjoy flexibility, engaging work and a culture that embraces diversity and open-mindedness
At BAE Systems we are all systems go as we continue to drive innovation and seek passionate and talented people to join our business. We currently have an exciting opportunity as a Configuration Controller within our Battlespace Integrated Solutions based in SA-DSTG.
What this opportunity will mean for you:
- Purposeful work where your efforts are recognised in an environment where you can thrive
- Joining an organisation that is passionate about developing some of the most impressive careers in the world
- Industry-leading flexibility options to unlock the talent and diversity of every individual
- Unique opportunities to contribute to programs of national significance whilst growing your skills
- A strong safety culture, inclusive teams and work to be proud of, underpinned by a compelling set of values
Your new role:
For decades JORN – a network of three over the horizon radars – has been the technological Holy Grail for many engineers and is considered one of Australia’s greatest defence triumphs. You can learn more about the JORN program and listen to this exciting Australian story in the podcast Technically Possible – World-leading Tech in the Aussie Outback.
As the Configuration Controller you will contributes to Configuration Management (CM) practises for the project in accordance with the company processes and the project Configuration Management Plan (CMP). The Configuration Controller performs day-to-day CM tasks, including managing data, parts, software and documents in soft and hardcopy using Company systems and processes.
Reporting to Configuration and Data Management Lead you will:
- Monitor the change control process, and assist in processing Engineering Changes and affected configuration documentation
- Check CM data / metadata in the CM system for accuracy, currency and completeness, and that documentation / data is categorised and organised correctly
- Update the Product Breakdown Structure in the CM system and ensure approved documentation, including engineering drawings, is linked to the correct part in the Product Breakdown Structure
- Receive and process data deliverables from Suppliers and Subcontractors
- Assist to prepare and deliver CM data deliverables to the customer
- Ensure data and documentation related to a Product is captured in the CM System and that the approval status of the data and documentation is correct
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Relevant technical diploma or certificate desirable, or related discipline or trade skill with suitable experience
- Demonstrated experience within a configuration management environment
- Literacy in computer usage including skills in the use of standard office software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills to all levels
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside immediate team to achieve project CM requirements
Research shows that some candidates hesitate to apply for roles if they feel they don’t meet 100% of the criteria. So, if this opportunity excites you and you have the right foundational experience and qualifications, we encourage you to apply. Whether it be for this role or another, your skills and competencies are of interest to us.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) are applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
Further information regarding clearances is available at:https://careers.au.baesystems.com/opportunity.html
Applications should be addressed to: Ammar Bakos, Talent Acquisition Specialist- Engineering and made online here. Confidential enquiries are welcome via email: [email protected]
Please be aware that pursuant to different State government health directions, vaccination mandates regarding your ability to attend our Company sites may be applicable. Please be prepared to discuss your vaccination status with our recruiters as part of the recruitment process.
We are a 2021 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive. For us that means ensuring that the voices and talents of our employees are valued and that everyone has a sense of belonging. We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation.
If you would like to know more information about how we are supporting our employees, you can view our policies and initiatives via this link.
To learn about other employment opportunities at BAE Systems, please visit: www.baesystemscareers.com.au