|Posting||Architects & Architectural Technicians (AU and NZ)|
|Job Employer||Scentre Group|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Salary||Competitive Salary Pac000aging & Benefits|
|Job Sector||Architectural Drafting|
Scentre Group is the owner and operator of 42 Westfield living centres in Australia and New Zealand; partnering with the world’s leading retail and luxury brands to create a unique shopping and leisure experience for our customers. A career with us fosters the chance to be a part of a company that is transforming the digital and physical retail space.
Every day, our people play a vital role in our purpose to ‘create extraordinary places, connecting and enriching communities.’
Our Design & Construction department at Scentre Group is responsible for the end-to-end process from concept to delivery of our Westfield living centres. An integral part of this is the extensions and upgrades to existing centres. We develop and deliver designs that reflect the Westfield experience and latest thinking while optimising costs and providing speed to market that exceeds the best achievable by alternate delivery methodologies.
The Exciting Opportunities
- Senior Architects
- Architectural Technicians
- Senior Architectural Technicians
We are currently on the hunt for experienced design and architectural professionals to join our In-House Design team to work on a range of exciting projects spread across our portfolio from Concept through to Design Development, Contract Documentation & Construction Delivery phases.
These are permanent full time opportunities located across both our Australia and New Zealand assets (Sydney and Auckland). We also have opportunities in other locations across NSW, VIC, QLD, SA, WA and NZ.
- Take responsibility for the design development, detailed documentation and delivery of allocated projects including tender and ‘For Construction’ documentation
- Take ownership of assigned tasks ensuring executed drawings are accurate, coordinated, compliant, functional, and buildable
- Timely delivery of Documentation in accordance with agreed programs
- Actively participate and interact with other members of the project team
- Be well informed of established procedures, methodologies, and processes
- Be aware of relevant codes & regulations in Australia & NZ. i.e. Australian Standards, BCA & Fire Engineering requirements & NZ Building Consent Requirements/ Process
- Contributes to the Safety in Design process to ensure designs are safe to build, operate and maintain.
What will set you apart from the rest?
You have excellent communication skills and are able to build strong and effective relationships with your stakeholders both internally and externally. You enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative, creative and positive team culture.
You’ll also have:
- Industry recognised diploma or tertiary degree in Architecture or Design
- Creative thinker with an innovative approach to problem solving
- Strong construction detailing and documentation skills
- Sound construction and buildability knowledge
- Excellent Documentation software skills, in particular, REVIT & AutoCAD
- Proven ability to contribute meaningfully to Design Development / Documentation
- Strong time management and organisational skills
What sets us apart from the rest?
- Diverse career paths across our vertically integrated business
- Ability to innovate in a company that not only encourages it but will facilitate it
- Competitive benefits including 18 weeks parental leave, volunteer days to work with our charity partners, health and wellbeing discounts, and ability to purchase extra annual leave
We encourage and support our employees to find balance in their work lives and what is important to them outside of work by embracing a flexible approach to how they work. If you’re able to perform the requirements of the role and need some form of flexibility to do so, we’re open to your application and ideas on how we could make it work.
Our diverse and inclusive workforce is not only something we’re proud of, but something we’re committed to. We encourage and support our people to bring their ‘whole selves’ to work every day. This is because we believe all our differences contribute to our success and ensures a workforce that reflects the customers we serve. Our commitment is backed by executive and employee-led working groups including All Abilities, LGBTI, Mental Health & Wellness and Gender Equity alongside other initiatives such as our Reconciliation Action Plan to grow our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander workforce. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
If this sounds like you, apply today!