|Posting||General Services Officer – Chiswick Manor Care Community|
|Job Employer||Opal HealthCare|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Kitchen & Sandwich Hands|
At Opal Aged Care, we know that companies don’t succeed, people do.
Our purpose is to bring joy to those we care for and our values of Compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence reflect that CARE is at the heart of everything we do.
Opal is one of the largest residential care providers in Australia, with 84 homes in NSW, VIC, QLD, and WA. We have more than 9,500 dedicated team members caring for over 6,500 residents.
About Chiswick Manor (112 Bed Care Home):
Located in Chiswick, at Opal Chiswick Manor our focus is always on providing a friendly and inviting atmosphere for all our residents and families.
About the role:
We currently have permanent part-time Catering Assistant and cleaning opportunities at our Opal home located in Chiswick, NSW.
Our Catering Assistants work across a kitchen department assisting our Chef, Cooks and Personal Carers.
If you enjoy working in a busy and fast paced environment, while passionate about growing your career in aged care, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The successful candidates will possess:
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Kitchen hand experience, preferably in aged care
- Previous experience in a commercial cleaning or a busy kitchen/ cleaning role
- A certificate in food safety would be highly regarded
- Empathy with the needs of the frail aged (dementia care included)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
What you can expect from us:
- Industry leading hourly rates
- Family friendly rosters
- A friendly, social, collaborative team
- Career progression to move up & across into roles within a growing organisation – at Opal we are passionate about growing our team from within!
All applicants must be willing to obtain a police clearance certificate via Opal’s police check system and undergo pre-employment medical.
Please note: in accordance with government directions a current flu vaccination will also be required for you to work in our homes.
For a full listing of all our current vacancies visit: https://careers.opalagedcare.com.au/en/listing/ [link removed]
To meet some of our team and read about why they chose to work for Opal Aged Care visit https://www.opalagedcare.com.au/about-us/meet-our-team/ [link removed]