|Posting||Accounts Payable Manager|
|Job Sector||Accounts Payable|
What are you looking for in your career?
- Career development opportunities
- Growing and diverse company
- Based in our corporate offices in Somersby on the NSW Central Coast.
Borg ticks all of these boxes.
Founded 30 years ago by brothers Michael and John, the BORG group of companies originally began as Borg’s Kitchens, a small joinery business which started in the garage of their parents’ home. Today, the business has grown into a successful Australian manufacturing company, employing over 2000 people. With a commitment to Australian manufacturing, Borg Manufacturing has become one of Australia’s leading manufacturers of Melamine panels, Thermolaminated doors, particleboard, and components for all joinery applications, well known through the polytec brand. Alongside is Crossmuller, building world class manufacturing facilities from design through to construction, to mechanical, electrical, and engineering installation and commissioning. And with the addition of reDirect Recycling, the group now focuses on returning single source products to the manufacturing processes.
The business is driven by the two founders, who move quickly with the market and continue to use their entrepreneurial instinct to innovate and develop ahead of market trends. The company does not lend itself to hierarchical chains of command. In this fast-moving business culture, everyone has a voice no matter which part of the organisation they sit in.
The values and ethics of a “hands on”, tenacious, entrepreneurial private Australian business are at the core of our organisation and the company will continue to strive to be the leading participant in the sector, providing all stakeholders with the confidence that they are part of a successful, growing Australian business enterprise.
For more insight into the Borg Group and what we do, please refer to our website www.borgs.com.au
About the Role
We are actively seeking the expertise of an energetic and results-oriented Accounts Payable Manager to join our team based on the NSW Central Coast.
We are seeking someone whose focus is on the Accounts Payable systems and processes which will successfully take the company into the future, whilst also focusing on the here and now; that is, ensuring our vendors are paid on time. You must also be able to successfully influence behavioural change and maximise employee engagement within the Accounts Payable team as well as with all stakeholders.
This role requires a switched-on person who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is willing to roll up their sleeves and get the work done.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading operational delivery of both Accounts Payable and Business Expense processes and systems within agreed timeframes
- Building, coaching, developing and influencing the Accounts Payable team
- Establishing appropriate objectives for each staff member and the provision of formal and informal performance feedback
- End of month reconciliations
- System and supplier maintenance
- Overseeing the processing of invoices and ensuring payments are in line with supplier payment terms and conditions
- Investigating and resolving discrepancies where required
- Developing, implementing and managing appropriate control processes
- Coordinating month end and year end activities
- Provision of appropriate reports
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The ability and experience to provide strong leadership to support our team in an environment of change whilst continuing to meet day-to-day operational requirements
- At least 3 years’ experience in a management position
- At least 5 years’ experience working in Accounts Payable
- Demonstrated general ledger management experience
- A good understanding of Accounting principles
- Experience within a complex organisation
- Demonstrated experience in managing teams in an environment of change
- Experience working within a fast paced, high volume work environment
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally, challenge the accepted norms and to continually look at driving change and improvements
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- A strong understanding of corporate governance controls and how they apply to procure to pay
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, with strong organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise your work and work under pressure
- A high attention to detail
In addition, you will be a confident and professional communicator, both written and verbally, at all levels.
Experience working with Microsoft AX would be advantageous.
This role is the perfect opportunity for someone who is looking to further their career with a growing company.
Borg is an equal opportunity employer.