|Posting||Electrical Maintainer – Rolling Stock Maintenance|
|Job Employer||Rio Tinto|
|Location||Compliance & Risk|
|Job Sector||Compliance & Risk|
Future of Rail – Electrical Maintainers – Rolling Stock Maintenance
- Be a part of our automated heavy haul network
- Even time roster offering great work life balance
- Residential lifestyle with subsidised housing and relocation to the coast – Dampier (7 Mile)
About the role
We are looking for Electrical Maintainers to perform preventative and breakdown maintenance assigned tasks within the Rolling Stock Maintenance team.
These opportunities are ideal for driven and motivated individuals who are looking to showcase their technical knowledge while being able to further their career working in an environment that encourages continuous improvement and team work.
Available on a residential basis in the coastal town of Karratha, we are offering comprehensive relocation assistance, heavily subsidised housing and other residential lifestyle allowances/benefits to the successful candidates.
Currently working an attractive 3 days on, 3 nights on, 6 off roster and reporting to the Supervisor, you will be:
- Carrying-out scheduled and planned maintenance to enhance the reliability and quality of locomotive and wagon assets
- Upskilling to undertake repairs to our autonomous fleet systems
- Carry out component change outs in both planned and breakdown situations.
- Undertaking fault finding / troubleshooting of electrical based faults.
- Utilising SAP to record maintenance activities.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in the equipment or work procedures.
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are carried out in accordance with Mine Safety Inspection Regulations Act.
What you’ll bring
To be successfully considered for this role, you will have:
- An outstanding approach to safety and safe work practices.
- An Electrical Trade qualification and unrestricted WA A Grade Electrical Licence
- A High Voltage (HV) Switching ticket
- A manual C Class driver’s licence
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve results
- Fault finding skills with ability to read schematics
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Self-driven, reliable and have a “can do” approach to the role.
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Experience with Heavy Mobile Earthmoving equipment, in particular-Electric drive haul trucks.
- High risk licences (Elevated Work Platform (EWP), Forklift, dogging or riggers ticket)
- Exposure to a maintenance management system, such as SAP
- Previous experience in locomotive and wagon maintenance
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with
a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe.
Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you will be working
Our privately owned and operated rail network is an essential part of our integrated production process and services our 15 mines across the Pilbara via 1,700km of track. With depots located at Tom Price, Cape Lambert and Dampier (7 Mile), each train is operated by a single driver and comprises up to three locomotives and 240 ore cars stretching to approximately 2.7 kilometres in length with over 40 trains operating per day. We are also applying and adapting technology to improve safety and productivity across our rail network.
Our network is the largest privately owned and operated heavy haul rail system in Australia, and as we focus on the future, our vision is to become the greatest heavy haul railway in the world.
Every Voice Matters
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
Apply today if you want to work with the latest technology and innovation, in an environment where we challenge you to drive positive change.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
This role is for applicants residing in or willing to permanently relocate to Western Australia. Rio Tinto offers Fly in and fly out options from Perth, our regional FIFO hubs and the opportunity to live in our residential towns where applicable