|Posting||Senior Manager Practices, Analytics|
|Job Employer||Commonwealth Bank|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Audit – Internal|
- You’re motivated & always thinking outside of the box
- We are passionate about offering our staff work life balance
- Together we place customers at the centre of what we do
See yourself in our team
Group Audit & Assurance (GA&A) provides independent, objective and commercial risk focused assurance to the Board Audit Committee to assist the Group in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of its stakeholders.
The department consists of over 210 professional audit personnel who conduct internal audit reviews group-wide. The team works closely with senior management and staff across the business, including Line 1 and Line 2 risk management, and external auditors. GA&A provides feedback to management on improving their control environment, as well as sharing learnings, including commercial insights and productivity opportunities.
CBA GA&A’s Analytics team, comprises of professionals with diverse career backgrounds in analytics, audit, consulting, and project management experience across a variety of industries.
The Analytics team is of strategic importance to GA&A, being responsible for leveraging data analytics to enhance audit processes to provide greater assurance. To achieve this, we utilise a broad range of analytical tools including SQL, Python, R, Alteryx, Jupyter Notebooks, Tableau, and other specialised tools.
The Analytics team is high-performing, with a pioneering approach to analytics and its application within Group Audit. The team is highly integrated with the business auditors – combining deep business understanding with analytical capabilities.
The Centre of Excellence (CoE) has been established within the Analytics team to create and drive analytics strategy within Group Audit including continuous monitoring, continuous auditing, methodology, quality assurance (QA), analytics training and internal reporting tools.
What your responsibilities will be
- Uplift the analytical capability of the Group Audit department via delivery of training and presentations to various stakeholders.
- Support the Analytics strategic agenda within Group Audit by monitoring key metrics, internal reporting, and regular updates to senior leadership.
- Ensure the wider Analytics team is maintaining quality of work and adhering to methodology and best practice by performing QA of both completed and in-progress work.
- Drive thought leadership role across the analytics team, driving best practice with the support of your leaders.
- Manage and embed strategic analytics initiatives across a variety of stakeholders.
- Perform high quality, risk-focused analytics providing management with powerful insights for improving the control environment in line with the Group’s strategic objectives.
- Assist the function in becoming more efficient and effective through the use of data analytics, AI, and automation.
- Work closely with the operations team, audit teams and other customers to foster a data-driven and analytics-first culture within Group Audit.
We’re interested in hearing from people who have
- Risk Mindset – All CommBank employees are expected to proactively identify and understand, openly discuss and act on current and future risks;
- Stakeholder Management – Demonstrated ability to translate complex concepts into simplified stakeholder key messages and present to senior leaders;
- Commercial acumen – Demonstrated understanding of risk-reward concept and translating this into portfolio insights or credit strategies;
- Subject matter expert – Proven experience in using best practice across analytics, data management, risk management, and governance.
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field (commerce, economics, accounting, finance, mathematics, statistics, science).
- Strong experience in an Analytics or Data Assurance role.
- Experience producing presentations and comfortable speaking to audiences is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholders and work with a wide number of teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Experience with Tableau, or similar is desirable.
- Proficiency with analytics languages such as SQL and python is desirable.
If this sounds like you – apply today!
The health and safety of our people, customers and communities is our number one priority. This means that we require all of our employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Please speak to us if you have any questions about this based on your individual circumstances.
If you’re already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you’ll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We’re keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We’re aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.