|Posting||Senior Commercial Finance Analyst|
|Job Employer||News Corporation|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
- Drive a commercial focus in product development and innovation.
- Interesting work that really matters in the organisation.
- Australia’s number one and most influential media organisation.
This role will be responsible for supporting the Commercial Finance Manager of Client Product through high quality Product management reporting, budgeting and forecasting to provide News Corp with financial commercial insight to make informed business decisions on performance lifecycle and scalability of products. You will partner with the business to drive a commercial focus in product development, innovation and efficiencies and ensure we are aligned with our strategic direction to drive long term profitability.
What’s the role?
- Responsible for product profitability optimisation & planning and analysis.
- Supporting new product development and creating effective financial strategies for key product initiatives.
- Support the business leaders to drive a commercial focus in product development, innovation and efficiencies.
- Product management reporting, budgeting and forecasting requirements.
- Partner with key stakeholders to ensure the best commercial decisions are made.
- Create and consolidate our initial budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Provide insightful and robust reporting detailing financial and non-financial information to key stakeholders.
- Analyse business performance trends and drivers to explain variances between actual results vs budget and forecast.
- Prepare and own the monthly financial results, budgets and forecasts.
- Monitor financial performance and identify the risks and opportunities.
- Develop reporting and recommendations to improve budget management for your portfolio across all revenue streams and expenditure lines.
- Deliver high quality reporting with a focus on surfacing market trends and lag indicators.
- Actively search for opportunities to continuously improve reporting and processes
Who are you?
- CA/CPA qualified.
- 5+ years experience in commercial finance with media or digital experience.
- Strong commercial acumen & professional accounting competency.
- Excellent financial acumen, with experience in revenue and cost management, business case development, financial modelling, and partnering & influencing.
- Strong analytical, communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Strategic thinker and self-starter with a commercial approach to business.
- Resilient with an ability to manage competing deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
- Attractive remuneration package.
- An opportunity to innovate, challenge the norm and pioneer the way forward.
- A truly collaborative environment.
- Variety of work where no two days are the same.
- Work with some of Australia’s most recognised and prestigious brands.
- Make a difference as part of Australia’s most influential media organisation.
Who are we?
We are Australia’s number one and most influential media organisation with more than 150 prestige brands across news, sport and lifestyle. Each month more than 17 million Australians choose to consume news and information from our digital and print products – more than any other media group in Australia.
Apply now or for more information on careers at News Corp Australia visit www.newscorpaustralia.com/careers
Diversity strengthens our national teams and newsroom as we seek to tell stories that represent the communities of Australia. Our people make us unique, and so we are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability or gender identity. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply!