|Posting||Chief Financial Officer|
|Job Employer||CES Civil NQ Pty Ltd|
|Location||Financial Managers & Controllers|
|Salary||$150000 – $159999|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
Chief Financial Officer
Accounting – CFO
Australian owned and operated, CES is a Queensland based managing contractor providing civil works, project management, safety management, design and construction projects to Defence, Local Councils, Industrial, Mining, Property Development and Construction industries throughout Queensland.
We are well known for developing close working relationships with our clients, providing a friendly service, solution driven outcomes in a safe, reliable and timely manner. We also pride ourselves on our professionalism, quality systems, ISO and Federal Safety accreditation. These are just part of the offering that enables CES to tender and deliver projects for a multitude of clients.
The position of Chief Financial Officer is a fantastic opportunity for a driven and motivated professional to assist and support our CEO & General Managers.
You will be responsible for:
- Oversee all aspects of the finance, payroll, taxation and accounting functions;
- Develop financial strategies and initiatives to achieve annual business plan outcomes and drive financial performance
- Advise on revenue and costs measures including strategies for improving funding and expense management;
- Develop and maintain internal controls to safeguard financial assets;
- Prepare financial budgets, forecasts and reports;
- Ensure effective internal controls, insurances and compliance obligations;
- Mentor other managers to raise financial awareness and knowledge
- Manage the financial reporting to the board including P&L, Balance sheet etc.
- Implement and monitor tax strategies
- Manage the business financial system including debtors and creditors transactions
- Prepare and submit all BAS, IAS and other statutory reporting to the ATO etc.
- Managing the issuing and return of Bank Guarantees
Our ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- CA/CPA (Ideally) with a tertiary qualification in accounting and finance
- Proven experience managing and developing a diverse range of accounting staff is essential
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to set priorities to meet critical deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, at all levels of business
- A positive approach to continuous improvement and shared best practice, specifically around financial systems and processes
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Experience in implementation and/or enhancement of ERP systems to meet the requirements of the business
- Ability to meet tight deadlines whilst engaging with stakeholders to achieve the desired outcome
- Advanced Excel skills and experience using MYOB
- Experience in Civil Construction or similar industry is highly desirable.
We are looking for an applicant who is equally capable of thinking strategically, and dealing hands-on with day-to-day transactions.
Applicants must have full Australian Working rights.
If this sounds like you, we would like to hear from you today.
Applications close Monday 18th of July at 5PM.
Only suitable candidates will be contacted.