|Posting||Systems & Reporting Accountant|
|Job Employer||Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
- Permanent Full- time position
- (South Wharf CBD location) with flexible work options available
- Employer of Choice winner four years in a row
Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) is the home of unconventional. At MCEC we do things a little differently. We bring fresh ideas and imagination to every event. We happily turn concepts on their head to make each experience momentous.
We welcome events of all shapes and sizes, from board meetings and small celebrations through to conventions, gala dinners, exhibitions, and concerts. Our doors are open for events and moments that connect us – in person, virtual or hybrid, and everything in between.
Our city is our inspiration, located in the vibrant South Wharf precinct, just a stroll along the Yarra River. Melbourne is on show at MCEC – in the architecture and design, food and hospitality, AV technology, Customer Service, location, and views.
About the role
To provide support across multiple finance functions and provide assistance to the Financial Controller in completing tasks accurately and in a timely manner. Responsibilities include managing the integrity of the general ledger, manage month-end process, preparation and review of balance-sheet reconciliations, statutory reporting and system maintenance and enhancements.
- Oversee the month end process and ad-hoc reports as required
- Preparation/review of balance sheet reconciliations to assist in achieving the month end closing and reporting timeframe.
- Assist in the preparation of the statutory accounts (annual and half year financial statements)
- Reporting responsibilities relating to periodic State Government requirements (half-year, year-end and quarterly estimates)
- Preparation of internal and external audit supporting schedules.
- Act as the “go to” for system and reporting issues.
- Assist in the production of timely and accurate reports as required by the Financial Controller or Head of Finance
Qualifications, knowledge, and Experience:
- Tertiary degree in Business or Commerce or related field
- Completed or studying towards CA or CPA
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role in a mid-sized entity or in a chartered environment.
- Confidence in providing leadership and guidance to team members across Finance functions
- Able to work autonomously and efficiently but has the initiative to seek advice and engage with others.
- A professional customer service approach with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees, clients, and external suppliers.
- Experience with Ungerboeck Software (EBMS)
Working at MCEC
At MCEC we encourage ideas and imagination and support our people to be inspirational. Whatever your role, we’ll foster the development of skills, insights, and leadership. You’ll be working in a Melbourne icon, with a welcoming and supportive team. And there are many other benefits – 14 weeks paid parental leave; flexible work options; purchased leave; employee discounts; onsite restaurants, cafes, and parking; and South Wharf and the city at our doorstep. We are diverse, inclusive, and collaborative.
Built on the banks of the Birrarung (Yarra River), Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC) acknowledges the Traditional Owners of Narrm, the Boon Wurrung and Wurundjeri Woi Wurrung people of the Kulin nation. We pay our respects to their Elders past, present, and to Elders of all First Nations communities that visit MCEC.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in and suitable candidates contacted for an interview, so don’t hesitate to apply! To apply for the role please submit a CV and cover letter via https://mcec.com.au/careers
A National Police Check will be required for the successful candidate
MCEC is an equal opportunity employer. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community, and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.