|Job Employer||True Foods Pty Ltd|
|Job Sector||Cost Accounting|
About True Foods
True Foods is a modern-day success story of the FMCG industry, and the proud home of the Simson’s Pantry product range which is 100% made using solar electricity from our onsite solar farm.
We have a genuine people-focused culture and burning ambition for high-performing innovation and ongoing sustainable growth in Australia. We pride ourselves on being 100% Australian-owned and our capability to manufacture everyday specialty household products; Tortilla Wraps, Flatbread, Pizza Bases, Naan & Roti Breads, right here in Maryborough Victoria.
Through passion and pure grit, we have been able to successfully introduce and maintain a high-quality product range that has seen volumes soar across major Retail and the Foodservice channels. We service and manage all major key customers nationally, including Coles, Woolworths, Aldi, Metcash, KFC, Subway, PFD and Bidfood.
The role of the Cost Accountant is to oversee, identify and provide analysis of the company’s cost base to support the Senior Leadership Team prioritise areas for continuous improvement and drive operational and strategic efficiency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all costs are identified and recorded accurately with regular variance reports on raw materials, packaging, equipment throughput and labour.
- Facilitate a regular COGS Management forum to help focus efforts on the highest returning initiatives, and support the teams as they drive for operational efficiencies
- Support Procurement and Supply Chain departments by reviewing major tenders to ensure best purchasing practices are followed
- Support Supply Chain to investigate and resolve major stocktake variances and identifying process improvements for the team to follow
- The development and management of an accurate pricing model for the business
- Support Portfolio management discussions through the provision of detailed cost and efficiency data for all new and existing products
- Provide analytical support to the Sales and Marketing Team to review promotional program efficiencies etc
- Support the budget preparation and reporting functions of the finance department
- Adhoc projects when requested
- Food Manufacturing knowledge or relevant industry experience
- Relevant Accounting/Business or Finance degree
- CA/CPA qualification preferred
- Previous cost accounting experience or previous experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent team player with very good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail with a proactive approach
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- The ability to troubleshoot problems
- Competence in the use of computers and computer software, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel
What we offer
- An energetic and innovative culture that is committed to supporting the continued growth and development of our products, our brands, our customers, and our team.
- Market-leading, rapidly growing company
- Eligibility to participate in the Company’s annual Profit Participation Scheme and a competitive package
- Make a difference by being socially responsible for the future of our community.
- Enjoy a lean, dynamic and entrepreneurial culture, with terrific career progression.
- Be part of a high calibre, driven team where you will feel supported and inspired as you take ownership of your remit
How to apply
To apply, please click the “apply now” button and follow the prompts. Alternatively, forward your resume together with a covering letter addressing the criteria to [email protected]. If you would like further information about the role, you are welcome to contact the People & Culture Team [email protected] for a confidential discussion