|Posting||Experienced Bookkeeper/Assistant Accountant|
|Job Employer||The Money Edge|
|Location||Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting|
|Job Sector||Bookkeeping & Small Practice Accounting|
The Money Edge is an established and progressive accounting firm passionate about Agribusiness and Small to Medium Businesses. We are looking for an experienced Bookkeeper/Assistant Accountant to join our team.
About the role:
We are based in beautiful Bundaberg. You will be working from our office. Although we would prefer full-time hours, we are open-minded and open to offering flexibility regarding working hours to the right person, so if you are looking at part-time hours, please include your preference in your covering letter.
This role will require someone with a strong work ethic, who has excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task and work accurately within tight deadlines, a team player and who is ultimately willing to go the extra mile to produce exceptional results.
Ideally, you would have previously worked within an accounting practice or bookkeeping services business and are looking for a long-term bookkeeping opportunity in which you will be working closely with your client base in a busy & varied role. The role works closely with the accounting team as the bookkeepers ensure client data files are ready & uploaded to the workflow for the accountants to pick up and do tax work. You will have an eye for detail, and be able to anticipate issues before they arise.
Your duties will include:
- Reviewing work & providing mentorship to fellow team members where required
- Manage workflow of the bookkeeping team, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Client accounts payables and receivables
- Payroll and Superannuation
- Monthly Reconciliation to the P&L, Trial Balance, and Balance Sheet
- Preparation and Analysis of P&L and Balance Sheet
- Preparation of BAS, including GST reconciliations and Lodgement
- Assist Directors with ad hoc tasks
- Make sure client files are ready to go to Accountants to commence tax
- Liaising with the ATO, Banks, Brokers and other stakeholders for clients
- Monthly/ Quarterly/ Yearly reporting
- Project work for clients – Reporting/ Management Accountant/ Cash flow/ Budgeting/ Grant Applications
- Regularly reviewing systems and making updates and improvements where necessary
- Assist clients with Bookkeeping needs, training if required & answer any client queries
- Work both on-site as well as on client premises when required
- Assist with client management and workflow utilising in-house systems and procedures
Skills and experience:
We are looking for a bookkeeper/assistant accountant with the following:
- Strong understanding of GST & payroll legislation
- Minimum of four years experience in bookkeeping or accounting
- Cert IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (or willing to obtain)
- Xero Certification (or willing to obtain)
- Advanced knowledge of Xero & MYOB accounting software
- Advanced knowledge and experience in payroll
- Demonstrate an understanding of privacy and confidentiality
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong IT, AI automation and technology understanding
- Ability to work with general direction, independently and as a team member, displaying initiative and personal task management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to build relationships with clients and their stakeholders
- A background in agriculture and familiarity with the agricultural industry is highly desirable but not essential
- Experience within a Bookkeeping Services Business / Accounting Firm is highly regarded.
- Tax/Accounting knowledge is highly regarded
- Intermediate skills in MS Suite (Excel in particular)
- Professionally presented
- Competent & comfortable to attend client premises if/when required
- Reliable vehicle & current licence
- Looking for a long-term position in Bookkeeping & Accounting
- Police clearance
- Be a self-starter who uses your initiative to make a difference!
The position will be predominantly office-based; however, occasionally, you may be required to go out and assist on-site at client premises. As such, you will need to have a reliable vehicle and driver’s licence.
*Note: Part of our recruitment process is to complete a ‘Skills test’ but don’t stress if you’re a skilled bookkeeper; you should breeze through it.
What we offer you:
- Opportunities to learn and develop new and varied skills
- Friendly, supportive, team environment
- Pay will be commensurate with experience
- Immediate start
How to apply:
Apply through SEEK
Applications will be treated with the utmost confidentiality.
Note: NO RECRUITMENT AGENTS ACCEPTED