|Posting||Accountant – Community Housing|
|Job Employer||YWCA Australia|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
ABOUT YWCA AUSTRALIA
We are a proudly feminist not-for-profit organisation and for over 140 years we have been working at the forefront of gender equality through our housing, community programs and advocacy. Over the years we’ve made significant progress for gender equality as we’ve gone through a number of evolutions, adapting to the ever-changing issues impacting women, young and old. We have evolved again and are transforming the way we operate. Our new 5-year strategy, the YWCA Evolve Strategy (YeS 2026), has recently been launched with a focus on making young women’s leadership and women’s housing our priority for gender equity in Australia. This will ensure we continue to deliver measurable and meaningful impact towards a future where gender equality is a reality.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
YWCA Australia is currently seeking an organised Accountant to join our Community Housing Team. This role is offered on a full time basis and can be based in either Sydney, Brisbane or Melbourne, with the option to have a hybrid work from home arrangement.
The Accountant – Community Housing role is a key member of the YWCA Group Finance team and is responsible for maintaining YWCA’s Community Housing subsidiaries’ accounting records and business partnering with the Community Housing operational team. This role will work closely with the YWCA Group Finance Manager, and General Manager Housing.
The ideal applicant we are seeking will have:
- Accounting degree and extensive practical experience directly relevant to the position gained within the Community Housing Sector.
- CA / CPA / MBA Finance qualified (preferred)
- Demonstrated financial accounting and reporting management experience with well-developed conceptual and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of various software applications. Ability to understand complex interfaces between software and reconciliation processes.
- Advance knowledge of excel is essential.
- Experience in Net Suite system is essential.
- Advance knowledge of tenancy management systems such as Chintaro, Civica CX is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence
- A high degree of drive and initiative and the ability to balance competing priorities in a changing environment.
This position will require the applicant to satisfactorily meet our pre-employment requirements. This includes:
- Completion of a national criminal history check
- A valid relevant state-based working with children permit.
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination, which includes Government recommended boosters.
Join our bold, inclusive and innovative team to make a real difference – lead the change.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE: 29 July 2022