|Posting||Invoicing & Accounts Administration Clerk|
|Job Employer||Johnstons Transport Industries|
|Location||Parramatta & Western Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
Company Background – Who are We?
Johnstons Transport is a mid-size, family owned & operated, Sydney Metro based General Transport & Container Logistics company with a proud history (est. 1900).
We are a diverse business that provides a range of logistics services, from wharf container transport, general freight, construction logistics, warehousing, machinery & factory relocations.
Our Accounting team is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Invoicing & Accounts Administration Clerk to support increasing operational demand and strengthen internal capability.
About the role:
- Accurate Data Entry, collate & process
- Consolidate job delivery documentation
- Manage input of all timesheet data ready for client invoicing
- Administer customer invoicing (daily and weekly), in a timely manner in line with deadlines
- Investigate and close all unbilled items in consultation with team
- Ad-hoc accounts & admin duties as requested
- Answer & Direct calls, taking messages where required
- On the job training provided
- Manage system data input of all workshop invoices and client interface
- Processing and maintaining progress reports including job costing and profitability analysis ensuring KPI’s achieved with project managers
- Work with Senior Accountant & Workshop Supervisor on job costing/utilisation and fuel of all vehicles.
- Assist Management with admin, creating quotes in preparedness for tenders
- Assist in all documentation of finance & accounting processes and work towards completing the end to end billing and accounting task
- Provide back up to the accounts team / payroll as required
- Strong administration with solid numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills required
- An eye for detail with a drive for accuracy
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Be a team player, self-starter with drive and enthusiasm
- Someone who can operate to deadlines and see when others are busy and assist, not wait for work to be provided
- Strong written and verbal communication and one to ask questions
- Highly organised, with an ability to work autonomously, using initiative and problem-solving skills aiming for best outcome of the business.
- Beginner to Mid-level accounting knowledge preferred
- Solid Invoicing & or accounts background with high volume experience.
- Previous experience in a transport & logistics business is highly advantageous as we are a multi-disciplined freight business
- Possess intermediate to high skills in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Advanced computer skills with the ability to pick up new systems including MYOB, JobPlus, Freighttracker and internal despatch systems.
- Competitive remuneration package
- May suit mature age, job share or recently returned to the workforce,
- Flexible work day hours
- Opportunity for advancement through professional development, internal promotions and career progression
- Supportive and constructive culture that encourages you to make the most of your talents.
- Small team environment
- Admin & accounts support role and aim to be 2IC to the Senior Accountant
- Progression into Accounting role once proven/or if desired
- Local Business with onsite parking, or easy access to Bus T-Way
- Smithfield (Western Sydney) area
This is an opportunity to join a fast-paced resilient business, in a high-growth industry. So if you are looking for a stable industry with career opportunities, look no further!
Please submit your CV through Seek and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.