|Posting||Senior Financial Accountant|
|Job Employer||Resolution Life|
|Location||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
At Resolution Life, we’re proud to have evolved into a global business under the Resolution Life name. For customers, advisers, companies and the industry. We’re making an impact worldwide
Resolution Life Group is a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of in-force life insurance policies. With assets of $31 billion and 1.5 million customers, Resolution Life are providing existing customers with life insurance, super and investments.
Our platform vision is to be the leading in-force specialist life-insurer in Australasia by 2024, by being customer-obsessed and data-driven.
We are one of the first life insurers globally to operate in an entirely Enterprise Agile environment. The strategic priorities of the platform are focused on ensuring the business is future-fit and sustainable, and to grow through bolt-on acquisition of in-force portfolios. We are guided by core behaviours that inform the way Resolution Life team members show up each day and interact with others.
The Financial Control CoE is responsible for providing support across Finance areas that include ledger and reporting, daily financial control, investment control, tax and the USGAAP project.
The aim of this role is to support both the Financial Control CoE and the USGAAP project. The purpose of the USGAAP project is to set up the necessary policies, processes and systems to facilitate the transition to the reporting requirements & new LDTI requirements (US equivalent to IFRS 17)..
You will come from a life insurance background with strong commercial acumen, great communication skills and a strong planning and strategic mindset. You will be enthusiastic and experienced thrive in an Enterprise Agile environment and a data driven business..
- Proven track record in delivering high quality performance, managing a diverse range of stakeholders, senior internal customers, risks and competing priorities in a complex and fast paced Financial Services environment
- Influencing and shaping the knowledge uplift required to build the capability of the broader Finance community
- US GAAP, Multi GAAP and IFRS experience
- Ability to work with both Onshore and Offshore teams
- Ability to review reasonableness of numeric outputs and apply judgment
- Experience in working with ledgers, data warehouses, management information systems and report production
- Tertiary qualifications; CA / CPA
At Resolution Life, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analysing data and problem-solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
What Will We Do For You:
Our culture underpins our values and guides our decision making. It’s also what makes Resolution Life a great place to work.
Resolution Life Australasia supports virtual working, and our enduring primary place of work continues to be “virtual” with the physical office and home office used interchangeably. We recognise that our workers can contribute and connect equally regardless of where they are located, and we have seen and experienced the wellbeing and benefits that come from working at home. This means some of us work at home most of the time, in the office most of the time or a balanced mix.
Every day is an opportunity to grow – and we hope to offer our people a career, not just a job.
The learning and development opportunities we offer include supporting the completion of executive-level short courses, access to leading online learning tools, on the job training, and mentoring by highly experienced business leaders.
Before commencing employment in this role you will need to provide two references, full working rights and complete police and credit checks through an online provider.
As an equal opportunity employer strongly committed to working in a diverse and inclusive workforce you will be provided with any support or accessibility requirements throughout your interview process. Please feel free to contact our Talent Team directly at .