|Posting||Finance Manager – Aged Care|
|Job Employer||UnitingCare Qld|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
UnitingCare is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join their wider Finance and Reporting Services team. This role will drive our Blue Care and Australian Regional and Remote Services finance team, ensuring the effective delivery and innovation of the core financial accounting activity at UnitingCare.
As this role supports our Aged Care portfolio, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with relevant industry regulatory reform, whilst promoting strategic direction through the management of the financial accounting function.
Please note, this is a full time, permanent role.
- Establish a culture of high performance, professionalism and continuous improvement that encourages individuals to identify opportunities and solutions to improve service delivery, achieve outcomes and meet deadlines.
- Develop, document and maintain the financial reporting month end close and year end close processes.
- Develop, document and facilitate the maintenance of chart of account dimensions and general ledger account structures within the financial management information systems.
- Manage the delivery of general ledger account reconciliation and verification activities and Support the delivery of tax compliance and other regulatory activities and reporting.
- Manage the delivery of financial reporting, including financial statements preparation, acquittals and other external reporting that meets all relevant legislative and regulatory requirements, accounting standards, funder requirements and/or approved policy.
- Provide financial information, support and advice to the respective UnitingCare business units and functions.
- Manage the internal and external audit requirements of activities that fall within the financial accounting and reporting team responsibilities.
Your skills & experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Business or other relevant discipline and have completed a CA/CPA.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a finance management position within a large, complex organisation.
- Extensive experience in defining and driving the transformation of financial accounting teams using technology and reengineering processes, including aligning technology, change management, workforce and strategies with business priorities.
- Proven finance and accounting competency with knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and legislation relevant to work environment.
- Strong understanding of best practice end-to-end finance processes, internal controls, finance and related system capability and automation.
Please Note: To ensure the health and safety of our people, and the clients, residents, patients and people we serve at Uniting Care Queensland, all staff are required to comply with statutory and Government requirements, such as public health directions, and Uniting Care’s vaccination policy requirements, with respect to COVID-19 vaccinations. The successful applicant must be able to meet Uniting Care’s mandate of receiving all recommended doses of approved Covid-19 vaccines (including boosters) approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration and the provision of Covid-19 Certificate before commencing employment.
What we offer:
With over 17,500 employees and 9,000 volunteers, UnitingCare is the largest Not-For-Profit provider of health, aged & community services in Queensland and one of the largest employers in the state. We believe in unique and holistic care, prioritising the individual to nurture physical, mental and spiritual well-being.
- Not-for-profit salary packaging options: allocate up to $15,900 of your pre-taxable income to everyday expenses, increasing take-home pay.
- One-on-one support from pastoral care team & employee assistance programs.
- Retail, Health Insurance and Gym Membership Discounts.
- Access to non-taxable meal & entertainment card.
- Hospital admissions discounts.
- Additional paid parental leave, education leave & additional leave purchases.
- Flexible work environments, including working from home options.
Ready to work together:
To apply for this opportunity, please click on the ‘Apply’ button below to be taken to our online application process. Applying will take you around 15 minutes where you’ll be asked for a Cover Letter and Resume.
Our approach is simple – everybody is welcome here. At UnitingCare, diversity is at the core of our who we are, our mission and our values. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees no matter their sex, race, culture, sexual orientation, disability or gender identity. We know that when our people feel respected and valued, we empower them to share that within the communities we serve and to provide the very best care. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.