Accounts Payable/Assistant Accountant at Bec and Bridge

Bec and Bridgeis hiring people as Accounts Payable/Assistant Accountant. The Selected person will be earn at least $60000 – $74999 NZD per month. There are also many more opportunities. Read the entire post carefully to know all the details related to this job.
PostingAccounts Payable/Assistant Accountant
Job EmployerBec and Bridge
LocationCBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Salary$60000 – $74999
Job SectorAccounts Payable

Who we are

Bec + Bridge was founded 21 years ago by Australian fashion powerhouse duo, Bec Cooper and Bridget Yorston in Sydney, Australia. The brand has expanded internationally since then – creating a cult following amongst celebrities, fashion insiders and customers globally.

The founding principles of diversity, inclusion, sustainability, ethical manufacturing is what has fuelled this growth – as the rest of the world has caught up to the Founder’s foresight and passions.

Bec + Bridge designs are about the perfect fit. Made for the female figure (in all its forms), we want people from around the globe to feel unstoppable in their Bec + Bridge. This feeling of empowerment and confidence is an ethos embedded from the start by the Founders and an ethos we look for in every single hire we make, today.

Role Summary

An exciting opportunity has arisen at Bec + Bridge for a strong Accounts Payable/ Assistant Accountant to join the finance team. The main aspect of this role will perform accounts payable duties, which will make up 75% to the role. The other 25% of this hybrid role will be performing Assistant Accountant duties.

This position will suit an experienced accounts payable clerk or bookkeeper who wishes to gain exposure as an Assistant Accountant. Prior experience with AP21 is essential.

Key Responsibilities

  • Review invoices for the followings prior to payment
  • Accuracy of the invoices
  • Matching invoices with purchase order
  • Approval from the appropriate manager
  • Perform invoice and general ledger data entry
  • Schedule pay runs based on standard company payment terms, including foreign currency payments
  • First point of contact with Debtors chasing payment of invoices
  • Verify and process employee expense claims and manage the approval and payment process
  • Perform reconciliations including supplier statement reconciliations, credit card reconciliations and more
  • Update and maintain vendor database in a timely manner
  • Report on Aged Payables plus other ad hoc reporting where applicable
  • Identify improvements to the accounts payable process
  • Execute credit card and bank account reconciliation

Finance and Accounting Function

  • Reconcile bank statements by comparing transactions to the general ledger
  • Maintain asset register including maintaining supporting documentation
  • Performing reconciliations including general Ledger and balance Sheet
  • Managing inter-company transactions
  • Providing monthly sales figure to the landlord
  • Support the month end process by providing supporting documentation for month end journals
  • Assist with day-to-day operations of the finance department, including filing, report generation, budget reviews, etc.
  • Assist with the audit process

Skill Requirements

  • Degree qualification in Commerce/Business
  • AP21 experience essential
  • Prior experience in the Fashion Industry preferred
  • Solid financial accounting experience, with a minimum of 3 years in a role with business partnering focus
  • Deep financial expertise and experience leveraging that expertise to contribute to the development of the company objectives.
  • Experience of being part of a growing company and will be able to articulate and demonstrate the key part you played in that growth.
  • Strong commitment to organisational excellence and success with the ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
  • High level interpersonal and communication skills

Company Culture Attributes

  • A kind and respectful nature who is willing to learn, grow and adapt with the business is a must.
  • Ability to work under pressure and be highly organised
  • Clear and fair communicator, both written and verbal
  • Ability to build and nurture workable and effective relationships with team members
  • Clear decision making and problem solving skills
  • Proactive and positive attitude

 

No recruiters please

Leave a Comment