|Posting||Financial Controller (Regulatory Reporting)|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
People deserve more from their money. More visibility, more control, more freedom. And since 2015, Revolut has been on a mission to deliver just that. With an arsenal of awesome products that span spending, saving, travel, transfers, investing, exchanging and more, our super app has helped 18+ million customers get more from their money. And we’re not done yet.
As we continue our lightning-fast growth, we believe that two things are essential to continuing our success: our people and our culture. So far, we have 3000+ people working around the world, from our great offices or remotely, on our mission. And we’re looking for more. We want brilliant people that love building great products, love redefining success, and love turning the complexity of a chaotic world into the simplicity of a beautiful solution.
About the role
You will join the finance team in Australia which sits at the forefront of global banking regulation, data management and reporting that serves as the focal point for all our regulatory reports to internal and external stakeholders, regulators, as well as other third parties. Compiling, reviewing and managing all types of reports ranging from CoRep, FinRep, Statistical and Annual Reports across multiple jurisdictions which will offer you a breadth of experience and knowledge. Additionally further shaping our in house developed framework for global reporting purposes.
What you’ll be doing
• Develop the regulatory reporting framework and the operating model;
• Business solution design, test and implementation;
• Assess, develop and maintain proper controls, robust documentation, and change management approach for all reporting areas – automated and manual – associated with regulatory reporting function;
• SME (subject matter expert) review of requirements, interpretation, data discovery and design deliverables
• Plan and management of reporting deliverables for assigned regulatory reports;
• Managing change impacting assigned regulatory reporting.
• Maintain and develop high quality relationships with business contributors and internal and external stakeholders;
• Initiate and drive continuous improvement in Global Reporting processes;
• Working closely with our financial and accounting teams to ensure financial reporting and decision support is consistent in all future regulatory applications
• Communicate issues with appropriate data owners. Monitor and track issues to ensure timely and appropriate resolutions are achieved;
• Maintain strong financial control across Global Reporting;
• Identify and assist with the implementation of process changes to improve team efficiency and productivity using established change management processes;
• Manage resolution of anomalies and issues identified in reconciliations and report preparation;
• Key liaison for business contacts and management of requests received from Business Units;
• Work with offshore team deliverables to ensure accurate and timely delivery of external reporting to the regulators of reporting requirements;
• Review of all regulatory reporting including capital returns, financial statements prior to submission;
• Participate in internal and external audits;
• Stays current on new and evolving regulatory reporting requirements, assess impact and ensure compliance for accurate reporting.
What you’ll need
• Past experience in regulatory reporting to APRA or overseas regulator of statistical data for a bank (retail bank)
• Minimum 4+ years of experience in a financial /regulatory reporting role – CA or CPA designation
• High energy and achievement orientation
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Proven leadership skills
• Advanced knowledge of finance and accounting concepts/standards and financial products and systems
• Past experience with data warehouses, SQL queries and reporting solutions such as Axiom or TM1
• Past project experience and knowledge of a project life cycle
• Strong stakeholder management
• Able to meet deadlines under pressure
• Demonstrable ability to successfully adapt to, identify, drive and implement change.
• A self-starter and independent worker
• You are a highly self-motivated individual and have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to local cultural aspects and work in a highly diverse environment
• You are well organised with the ability to plan and deliver on tight deadlines with attention to detail
By applying for the above position, you will confirm that you have reviewed and agreed to our Data Privacy Notice for Candidates.