|Job Employer||carsales.com Ltd|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Salary||Certified Great Place to Wor000 and WGEA Employer|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
Curious to grow? Join a team that’s passionate about making buying and selling a great experience.
Autonomy to choose where you work from – Office, Hybrid or Anywhere. Four times per year we bring the whole team together for planned collaboration, communication, and connection events.
This is your opportunity to join carsales in the role of Financial Accountant. Reporting directly to the Tyres Group Finance Manager, you will be responsible for managing the end-to-end accounting functions for two of the carsales’ subsidiaries within the Tyres Group.
You will be a contributor within the financial control team and will be responsible for stakeholder management, internal month-end processes, statutory accounts, subsidiary specific month-end responsibilities and consolidations.
The Financial Accountant will be central support to the Tyres Group and the wider carsales Finance Department.
What’s on offer
- Autonomy to choose where you work from – Office, Hybrid or Anywhere.
- We’re a certified Great Place to Work, Family Friendly Workplace and WGEA Employer of Choice.
- Support of a highly engaged, high-performing team. We have incredible talent in carsales that you will learn from.
- 18 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregivers, four weeks paid secondary caregivers leave, six weeks paid gender transition leave.
- ASX 100 Listed Tech company growing globally with Australian based exec team
What you’ll do
- Manage the month-end process, including ensuring the completion of General Ledger and Balance Sheet reconciliations, accrual and journal entry processing, and the production of the Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Cashflow statements monthly.
- Maintain up-to-date technical knowledge of accounting standards, tax legislation and regulatory reporting obligations to ensure that all accounting standards and compliance policies are adhered to.
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of monthly management reporting, including the preparation of the mid-month and month-end flash report and the collation, analysis and communication of monthly financial results to management.
- Proactively utilising past experiences to identify new initiatives that could benefit the organisation and assisting to implement such process improvement into practise
- Preparation of daily bank reconciliations.
- Preparation and lodgement of the monthly BAS and PAYG reporting obligations.
- Assist with the preparation of any audit requests/queries specific to the Tyres Group and Carsales Group.
- Involvement in the forecasting and budgeting process for the Tyres Group.
What we are looking for?
- CA/CPA qualified.
- Financial accounting experience (retail industry experience is advantageous).
- Experience working with ASX listed businesses in commercial or Big 4 environments is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining strong positive relationship with stakeholders.
- Ability to perform data analysis to spot trends and anomalies in financial results.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 (Business Central), NetSuite ERP or similar accounting programs is advantageous.
A few other things we want to let you know about…
- carsales is an equal opportunity employer who prides themselves on fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage everyone of all ages, genders and backgrounds to apply. If you’re a candidate with a disability or you’ll need some adjustments to be at your best, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
- We know how important keeping that balance between work/life is and have a range of flexible working options on offer, including part time. We are open to this conversation during our recruitment process if you want to know more just ask!
- We are a proud Circle Back Initiative Employer which means we are committed to responding to every job applicant.
- Successful candidates joining the carsales family are required to undergo a National Police Record check and must have full-time Australian working rights on an ongoing basis.