|Posting||Financial Reporting Analyst|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Analysis & Reporting|
Maddocks is committed to making a difference for our clients, our people and the communities in which we operate.
Our support staff are pivotal to our success. They work closely with our lawyers to help deliver an outstanding level of service to our Australian and international clients.
About the role
Based in our Melbourne office, this full time position will see you working closely with our Head of Finance, Finance Manager and Management Accountant, with a focus on producing and interpreting financial analytical reports. This role also acts as a key point of contact for the business as a commercial advisor.
Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing insightful financial information for the CEO, COO and Head of Finance to facilitate informed decision making;
- Support in the production of accurate profitability reports and other periodical performance reporting;
- Assisting with the firm’s annual financial budget process;
- Ongoing maintenance of practice teams’ and individual lawyer budgets in the firm’s practice management system;
- Working with client service teams on various requests for financial modelling;
- Participating in Finance and firm-wide projects with an emphasis on innovation and process improvement.
We work in a hybrid way at Maddocks, with part of our week in the office, and also have wider flexible working arrangements, whether that’s hours, place of work or the leave you take. We welcome the opportunity to talk to you about working flexibly.
To be successful in this position, you will hold a relevant Business Degree and ideally, you will have CPA / CA qualifications, or you are studying towards this. Experience working in a professional services firm, or the legal industry, will be considered favourably.
Ideally, you will also be able to demonstrate:
- Strong financial accounting and technical skills;
- A high degree of commercial acumen;
- Strong financial analytical skills, with the ability to interpret key profitability drivers;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- The ability to manage time effectively and prioritise work according to urgency.
We are a proudly independent Australian law firm that works closely with corporations, businesses and governments throughout Australia and internationally. We have a particular focus on the built environment, education, government, healthcare and technology sectors.
What makes us unique
We understand that our people are our greatest asset and we invest heavily in attracting and retaining the best. We value collaboration, knowledge sharing and high standards of professionalism. We look for diversity of experience and background and then provide the tools and training for career success.
We are proud leaders of the legal profession when it comes to promoting a diverse workforce. We have been an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workforce Gender Equality Agency every year since 2004. We promote diversity internally through our Maddocks Women and Maddocks Pride groups and we are committed to sustainability, through our membership of the Australian Legal Sector Alliance (AusLSA).
We prefer to deal with you directly. Please submit your CV and covering letter by clicking on the ‘Apply’ button. For further information, please refer to our website www.maddocks.com.au
As part of the recruitment process we request that the preferred applicant participates in a National Police Check, prior to offer of employment at Maddocks. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position and each application will be considered on its merits.
At Maddocks, we are committed to providing a safe environment for all staff and clients and have a COVID-safe policy in place.
To be eligible for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia. Please note that unsolicited applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.