|Posting||Accounts Payroll & Finance – Fun Engineering Firm|
|Job Employer||Michael Bale & Associates Pty Ltd|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
We are different to our competitors, we have a young and dynamic team. We started during and were growing through the post GFC downturn and have continued to grow and flourish. We are not complacent. We enjoy what we do, and enjoy coming to work to make it happen. We are passionate about the culture of our team and have fantastic staff retention. We are serious about the professional development of our staff – That’s what makes our success and allows the continual growth of our business. We only want likeminded individuals to join us on the journey.
Michael Bale & Associates is an established and expanding Gold Coast based structural and civil engineering consultancy. With 25 staff and a great team atmosphere.
We have a reliable and growing client base, we require the immediate start of a Accounts, payroll and finance manager to facilitate the growth and success of our business. We offer an unrivalled team culture within a fantastic work environment therefore we are looking for the right person to join us to help continue our upward momentum and success story.
Our Gold Coast office is located in an enviable beachside location, with staff balcony overlooking the beach and close to G-Link stations and other public transport. Affordable parking is also available.
Based in our Gold Coast office and reporting to the company Director, you will be responsible for the day to day financial reporting/record keeping of the business. We also have an office in Perth that requires operational support to be conducted from our Gold Coast office. This is a very unique opportunity to work in a diverse and strategic position within the business. No two days will be the same and the role is both interesting and challenging working in a fun and youthful team. Office hours are Mon-Fri 8:30am to 5:00pm.
The successful applicant will have the following responsibilities:
- Working with the Admin team, provide monthly financial reporting to the company Director and share holders.
- Manage payroll, leave and expenses through Xero Software
- Assist with company financials and managing bookkeeping process including BAS, Payroll, P&L reporting in Xero.
- Help work with and/or manage the business’ administration team and processes associated with accounts and finance.
- Oversee monthly invoicing with our admin team and department managers.
- Liaising with external contractors including accountant and external contractors as required.
- Implementing, maintaining and updating office systems and technology.
- Managing company debtors and overseeing accounts receivable.
- Oversee accounts payable and expenses.
- Maintaining and enhancing team morale and team culture.
- Oversee and maintain the smooth operational functionality of our two office locations (Gold Coast & Perth).
- Keeping control on business costs and overheads.
- Working with senior executive team on other areas of the business including marketing, business development, financial reporting, HR and other business management activities.
- Assist general administrative functions and team support for ensuring the smooth operation of the business.
- Bring a positive energy and contribute to the social office atmosphere
Will consider applications for experienced finance and accounts manager, or someone with payroll or finance experience, and looking to step up and grow their career with mentoring and support
You will be provided support, mentoring and career advancement opportunities within a growing and motivated team. You will be expected to work both independently and as part of a team. We will work with you and support you on the advancement of your knowledge and capabilities in return for your commitment and enthusiasm to contribute to the team and your career development.
Required Qualifications and Capabilities
Only applicants with the following proven experience and capabilities should apply:
- Demonstrated experience in a previous accounts, payroll or financial assistant role
- Experience and a good understanding of Accounting Software Xero is essential
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills.
- You’ll be enthusiastic, driven, focused & reliable – enhancing the already strong culture of the team.
- A willingness to learn in a team environment.
- Studies in a related field i.e. business, finance, or accounting will be advantageous.
- Role is full time position. Part time of flexible working options would be considered.
Culture & Benefits
Our company boasts an energetic and motivating team culture that rewards the input of its employees. Our office is located in central Gold Coast and we are a friendly, social group of professionals that enjoy a challenge and appreciate a work/life balance.
We support professional development and provide a training and support structure tailored to the needs/ambitions of the individual.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the individual’s capabilities and experience.
To apply for this position, please apply through SEEK with a CV and cover letter. Applications without cover letter will not be considered.