|Posting||Senior Accountant | Business Services|
|Job Employer||Pitcher Partners SA|
|Location||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
|Job Sector||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
We have an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Senior Accountant looking to fast track their career to an Assistant Manager to join our Private Business & Family Advisory (PBFA) division. This is a great opportunity for someone to work with individuals, trusts, partnerships, and companies by applying a mix of technical support and business advice.
As an experienced senior accountant, you will not only be competent in the compliance work but also support with the coaching and mentorship of our junior staff, working closely with the Manager and Partner of this team. You will create value and improve the way our clients work by providing advice such as: asset protection, business reporting, accounting and taxation management, wealth protection and generational change management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the management of client relationships with high profile organisations and dynamic, multi-generational family groups.
- Ability to identify and manage tax issues such as Division 7A loans, fringe benefits tax, CGT events, SBE and depreciation concessions
- Preparation of financial statements, activity statements and tax returns for all entity types and individuals with minimal supervision
- Building long-term, trusted advisor client partnerships and internal stakeholder relationships.
- Be required to undertake periodic management reporting, budgeting, forecasting on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis as required
- Proactively collaborate across the firm, leveraging expertise to deliver holistic business advice.
- Utilising your leadership capabilities to coach and motivate junior team members.
What you bring
You are a qualified to due to qualify Chartered Accountant (CA) or a Certified Practising Accountant (CPA) with previous experience as a Senior Accounting role in Public Practice.
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Unwavering interest in client service and the ability to understand client needs.
- A technical focus and the ability to be self-motivated
- Experience assisting with the management of a large client portfolio.
- Working knowledge of Xero and similar accounting software programs.
- Proactively identify personal and professional development opportunities.
- Outstanding attention to detail and time management, with the ability to work well under pressure.
- An ambition to develop as a leader with strong communication skills.
Why we’re the right fit for you
A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It’s a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners’ is one of Australia’s Top 10 Accounting Firms in Australia and aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you, and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
With a client base that includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- Close interaction with partners
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Regular technical training and innovative professional development
- A supportive social environment and community projects
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners by submitting your resume and supporting cover letter. All prospective enquiries can be emailed to Sofia Samson at [email protected].
- In line with the current public health advice, interviews may be conducted virtually, and the successful candidate may commence working from home.
- All applicants must be Australian citizens or hold a current valid Australian work visa. You may be required to provide evidence at application.