|Posting||Accounts Payable Officer|
|Job Employer||Cordina Chicken Farms Pty Ltd|
|Location||North West & Hills District|
|Job Sector||Accounts Payable|
Accounts Payable Officer
- Based at Galston .
- Full-time, 3 month contract.
- Great team environment and work culture.
Summertime Chickens Pty Ltd is an Australian owned family business with over 70years’ experience in the Poultry Industry.
An excellent opportunity exists for an experienced Accounts Payable Officer to join our Finance team to provide leadership and drive to the Accounts Payable process.
The responsibilities will include:
- Processing invoices
- Supplier reconciliations
- Managing supplier and internal enquiries
- Ensure accurate and timely coding of invoices
- Ensure internal control within the AP process are adhered to and improved
- Preparing batches for payment
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Process 3-way P.O. matching invoices
- Prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Assist in weekly and month end closing
- Maintain files and archive documents thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
The successful applicant will have:
- 4+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high-volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness