|Job Employer||Judo Bank|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Compliance & Risk|
We’re Judo Bank. A challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Sound like you?
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Supporting the Head of First Line Risk in driving risk management excellence and cultural change across our Finance division (including payments, corporate development, financial control, treasury, regulatory reporting)
- Leading the uplift of risk maturity and operational risk profiling activity across the division
- Assisting with driving a risk culture through engaging / educating the business
- Chairing the divisional risk committee
- Working with the business identify and initiate actions to mitigate risks and to strengthen controls, including issues identified through assurance, audits and other external processes
- Monitor issues and incidents across the business and compliance to the Risk Management Framework and leading the change to uplift maturity
- Engage with business leaders and Line 2 Risk to determine optimal course of action to remediate any significant issues within the division, where they arise
- Embed operational risk in all business transformation / business growth projects
- Contribute to the broader Judo business via active engagement with the Leadership Team.
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Strong knowledge & experience of understanding operational risk and compliance frameworks and internal / external audit processes
- Demonstrated experience within a similar role with knowledge of the Australian Financial Service regulatory & compliance landscape
- Background in accounting preferred, and experience in internal or external audit
- Ability to analyse complex business processes & articulate these to all levels of stakeholders.
- Pragmatic thinker in decision making across customer, business and risk management outcomes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to determine delivered risks arising from projects and business change
Your life pre-Judo:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in banking/financial service/other relevant industry
- 4 years’ experience in Operational Risk management roles.
- Strong reasoning ability and negotiation / influencing skills, across a range of stakeholder groups
- Extensive stakeholder experience with the ability to influence senior managers.
- Experience working in a rapidly growing business environment
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. Judo encourages all manner of diversity (including nationalities, skills, capabilities etc.), as it is a crucial aspect of our culture. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!