|Job Employer||Moree Plains Shire Council|
|Salary||Salary from $58539 + Extra day off every 3 wee000s!|
|Job Sector||Accounts Officers/Clerks|
Moree Plains Shire Council is seeking highly motivated individuals to join the Finance Team.
- Permanent full time – 35 hours per week
- Location – Moree
- Attractive Salary starting at $58,539 (PLUS superannuation) depending on qualifications and experience
- Salary packaging options
- Rostered day off every 3 weeks – an extra 17 days off a year!
ABOUT THE ROLE
In the position of Finance Officer you will be required to provide a prompt, efficient and effective service to both external and internal customers of Moree Plains Shire Council to achieve a satisfactory outcome to all matters raised.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Assist in the maintenance of Council’s Systems General Ledger, including creation of new numbers and amendments to current numbering and structure.
- Assist in finalisation of year end processes and procedures and in the preparation of Council’s Annual Financial Statements.
- Daily banking processes.
- To maintain competency in all aspects of Councils Accounting System(s) including improvements and upgrades as released.
- Inputting and processing invoices.
Further details about the role can be found in the position description found on Council’s website.
Council is looking for someone who has the following qualities, experience and/or qualifications:
- Certificate IV (or higher) in Financial Services, Financial Services (Accounts Clerical) or Business (Administration).
- Relevant work experience in data entry, maintaining and operating a computerised accounting system and reconciling accounts.
- Ability to produce high quality work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to set and meet priorities.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work both as a team member and unsupervised.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong customer relations focus.
- Ability and commitment to maintain confidentiality.
Applicants who do not hold a relevant Certificate IV qualification are encouraged to apply but will be required to commit to such qualifications upon commencement.
- 5 year long service.
- Flexible working arrangements with a rostered day off every 3 weeks – an extra 17 days of a year!
- Salary packaging opportunities to maximise take home pay
- 10% employer contribution to superannuation.
- 4 weeks annual leave with the ability to purchase additional annual leave.
- 15 days sick leave.
- Education assistance for career development.
- Subsidised corporate wardrobe.
This position closes at 4.00pm Wednesday 27 July 2022.
Moree Plains Shire Council requires all staff to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status at the pre-employment health screening and if attending an interview. Applicants with Contra Medical Indications which are NSW Health Certified will be considered based on inherent requirements of the role.
Moree Plains Shire Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.