|Location||Financial Managers & Controllers|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
As the Australian Financial Controller/Manager, you will be reporting to parallelly the Group CFO of Agrocorp as well as the Board of Agrocorp Australia. Your focus along with your team, will be to lead the financial accounting function to provide accurate, timely and transparent operational and financial data to ensure key stakeholders have the right business insights to achieve strategic goals.
Preference is for the candidate to be placed in Dalby but a hybrid working model could be created for an exceptional candidate who is based in Toowoomba or Brisbane
- Complete ownership of the balance sheet of the Australian operations of Agrocorp. This includes analysis and insight on the fixed asset position, cash balances, accounts receivable, inventory and working capital cycle times
- Complete ownership over the monthly MIS reporting process such that monthly financial results and accompanying analysis can be reported to management within 15 days of the close of the month. The analysis needs to be robust and comprehensive to cover the performance of the various business units against their operating budgets
- Putting together the annual operating budget of Agrocorp Australia
- Responsible for the external audit process and auditor relationship such that the annual audit can be completed within 90 days of the close of the financial year with minimal variation from the management accounts.
- Tax compliance, including monthly BAS, FBT, Income tax and R&D offsets.
- Cashflow management and accurate forecasting of requirements up to 2 weeks.
- Periodic reviews of finance and accounting SOPs and software to ensure they are at the cutting edge and aligned with the rest of the group.
- Managing and renewing corporate insurances through the company’s insurance brokers. This includes property and inventory insurance as well as receivables covers
- Produce an accurate and timely weekly m2m report that covers the open positions of the Australian operations
- Managing banking relationships for the Australian operations which includes interfacing with the banks as well as preparing monthly and quarterly reports for them
- Managing the finance and accounts team which has up to 5 direct reports. This includes allocating roles and responsibilities to your team and tracking the performance of these members against their annual and quarterly goals.
- Evaluating strategic M&A opportunities as they come
Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary Qualifications in either Business, Accounting or Economics.
- CA or CPA qualifications.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record of managing a team
- Strong financial analysis and problem-solving ability.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in ERP software
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
If you believe you meet the above criteria and wish to work with us, we look forward to hearing from you, please apply and include a cover letter addressing how you meet the Essential Skills, Experience and Qualifications.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you in advance for your expression of interest in working with us