|Job Employer||BRI Ferrier|
|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Insolvency & Corporate Recovery|
About BRI Ferrier
BRI Ferrier is one of the country’s most progressive reconstruction, business advisory and forensic services firms. We provide practical, innovative services that help financially distressed businesses to recover or at least minimise the negative impacts of insolvency. As a national firm with affiliations in New Zealand, we offer a wealth of experience to help you learn and develop your career.
About the role
Our Sydney reconstruction and insolvency team is currently seeking a driven and career-focused Senior Accountant to assist with our diverse range of clients. This role is best suited to a proactive individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
The focus of your role will be:
- Working in our corporate insolvency and reconstruction team on appointments such as voluntary administrations, receiverships, deeds of company arrangement, creditors’ trusts and liquidations
- Having carriage of a portfolio of small to medium sized assignments under supervision
- Conducting investigations and attending to the necessary statutory reporting
- Recovering and selling businesses and assets
- Litigation support for a range of matters
- Liaising with creditors and all stakeholders involved in various administrations
- Working as part of a team on a variety of cases
Desired skills and experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- 1 to 4 years experience working in corporate insolvency and reconstruction
- Capable of running small to medium assignments with supervision, reporting to management and the appointees
- Graduate with a major in accounting
- Completing or completion of the CA or CPA programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid accounting and financial analysis skills
- Comfortable with MS Office
- Can do attitude
- Team player
You will be mentored by experienced and supportive professionals, encouraging you to develop technically and professionally as you advance your career.
What we Offer
- Located in the heart of the CBD.
- Mentoring from partners/senior staff.
- Fully supported professional development (CA, CPA, ARITA).
- A flexible dynamic working environment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Annual remuneration review.
- Exposure to a wide range of work (corporate, advisory and forensics).
To be eligible to apply for this permanent full-time position you must be either a citizen or permanent resident of Australia.
How to apply
When applying through SEEK, please attach your current CV and a cover letter outlining what makes you a perfect fit.