|Posting||Rural Financial Counsellor|
|Job Employer||Rural Financial Counselling Service NSW – Southern Region|
|Location||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
|Job Sector||Business Services & Corporate Advisory|
The Rural Financial Counselling Service, NSW strengthens communities by helping rural and regional businesses be prepared, responsive and sustainable. To continue to be a relevant, adaptive, and innovative organisation who delivers high quality support to our clients we must leverage the full potential of all our people.
We are currently seeking a Rural Financial Counsellor to join our team on a contract basis until 30 June 2024. RFCS NSW is a flexible employer offering office-based, work from home and hybrid working arrangements.
Our Rural Financial Counsellors provide unbiased and independent financial counselling to rural and regional businesses who are experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, financial hardship.
We use a defined case management approach to deliver our service and support our clients with financial analysis, goal setting and business planning as well as helping them to connect with other professional service providers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High level written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage with a diverse range of people
- Strong financial acumen and experience in business planning
- Case management and coaching skills
- IT literacy and capability
- Knowledge and understanding of agricultural production systems and business management issues relevant to the local region
- Knowledge and understanding of rural issues that are external to farm businesses but affect their performance
- Ability to identify Government assistance and/or grants that may be relevant to our clients and, assist clients with the application process
- Demonstrated ability to plan, manage and report on work, and prioritise to maintain control of multiple tasks whilst working as part of a dispersed team
- Current unrestricted drivers’ licence
- Successful completion of a Diploma in Financial Counselling or willingness to undertake*
- Other relevant qualifications and/or experience
*Applicants who do not have the Diploma must be prepared to commence their studies within six months of appointment and complete within two years.
To obtain a copy of the full position description, please email [email protected]
A remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicant commensurate with skills and experience. A car may be provided, and travel will be required however, we are a flexible employer, and we are willing discuss individual circumstances. Full time or part time employment will be considered and, there may be an opportunity for employment beyond the initial contract term.
All applications should be submitted via Seek and must include a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role and a current resume. We will be conducting progressive interviews and this role may be filled at any time.