|Posting||Commercial Finance Manager – InfraBuild Wire|
|Job Employer||GFG Alliance|
|Location||Financial Managers & Controllers|
|Salary||Competitive salary plus 14% superannuation|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
- Support delivery of the business plan
- Strategic lead team role
- Excellent Newcastle location with potential flexibility for the right internal candidate
As our Commercial Finance Manager position your core focus is on optimising business performance, reviewing benchmarks, developing and implementing improvement opportunities, and integrating the commercial activities across the sites.
This role reports into the GM of Infrabuild Wire with a dotted line to the CFO and an integral part of the Wire Lead team.
You will join the team at an exciting juncture, with recent improvements in the business seeing us positioned well to grow market share and deliver stronger returns. You will support the delivery of the business plan by tracking and following up on risks and opportunities, identifying any gaps or issues early and resolving them to ensure delivery of strategic plans, the annual plan and forecasts.
This role will see you:
- Supporting the General Manager to provide strategic commercial leadership and advice
- Working closely with the Group CFO and Treasury team on cash flow and reporting requirements
- Partner with leaders and their teams to improve financial and commercial performance
- Supporting the Business Analysis, Continuous Improvement and Cost Management aspects of the operation to ensure our profitability at all points in the business cycle
- Driving the end of month financial process and developing reporting tools to effectively analyse and communicate results
- Supporting the onsite teams through all project milestones and assisting with business case development
- Working collaboratively with operational teams to develop annual business plans and quarterly forecasts.
- Review major contractor performances and assist in commercial decision making
- Develop and integrate cost control monitoring tools to ensure the accuracy and reliability of reported information and statistical data.
You will have experience within a large-scale commercial, manufacturing, or heavy industry operation and looking for your next step in your career. You are team oriented but also independent and objective in your approach with the ability to identify and understand key drivers in a complex commercial environment. You will be an analytical individual who can inspire and communicate well with stakeholders of all levels.
You will also have;
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- CPA or CA qualification
- Previous experience working in a complex commercial and operational environment, ideally with exposure to large scale construction projects
- A good knowledge of financial methodologies and financial modelling (budgeting, forecasting, project profitability etc).
At InfraBuild we are building futures through sustainable steel. We are Australia’s leading vertically-integrated Electric Arc Furnace steel recycling, manufacturing and distribution business. We provide solutions for commercial and residential construction, large scale and nation-building infrastructure, our primary producers, mining and rural sectors. With our rich history spanning more than 100 years we have entered an exciting new chapter, each day we help build and enable a stronger and more sustainable Australia, for a changing world.
InfraBuild’s Wire team is Australia’s leading manufacturer and supplier of wire products and services the Rural, Construction and Manufacturing sectors with manufacturing facilities in Newcastle, Geelong and Jindera. InfraBuild Wire includes go to market product brands, Waratah Fencing and Cyclone products, with national distribution through regional outlets supplying agricultural products including fencing, silos and hardware.Next steps
We are committed to uncompromising levels of safety, strong customer centricity and diversity. Wherever they are in the world, our people are our greatest asset. We would love you to be part of our journey.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to respond to every applicant.