|Posting||Senior Reporting Accountant|
|Job Employer||Downer Group|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Accounting & Reporting|
We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Senior Reporting Accountant to work with the 3 Business Unit Finance Managers to ensure that all group and business unit reports are consolidated and delivered on time every month, according to the Group timetable.
Why work for Downer:
- Training and Development to support your career with us
- Work in an essential service industry
- Access to other Downer internal opportunities
What you’ll be working on:
- Coordinate, prepare and submit financial reports for Downer Defence according to the Group timetable using SAP, JDE and Onestream through coordinating with Finance Managers on their business units.
- Submit reports in Onestream including forecast, work in hand and financial data monthly.
- Assist in the preparation and consolidation of monthly management reports including forecast reports with 3 business units.
- Assist with Monthly financial performance reviews.
- Prepare the monthly consolidated rolling forecast and submit and work with Business Unit managers
- Assist with preparation of consolidated annual budget.
- Provide assistance in the financial management and administration of the Divisional Finance Team as required.
What you’ll bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting or other related discipline (ACA / CPA qualifications preferred)
- Previous experience in the facilities management, professional services or construction and maintenance industry would be an advantage.
- Previous experience with SAP, JDE, One stream or Hyperion accounting system is preferred
- Demonstrated ability in proactively build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to review and develop new processes and streamline transactional activities
- Organisational and time management
- Ability to contribute to the preparation of operational budgets and review financial information
- Experience in researching and understanding complex information to develop and implement business solutions Developed analytical and planning/prioritisation skills
- Developed financial planning and budgeting skills
- Ability to obtain & retain a Defence Security Clearance (Australian Citizenship)
This exciting role offers you the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment with a highly successful organisation. If you are passionate about what you do & motivated to succeed, then apply now.
For further information please contact [email protected] [link removed]
Who are we:
Downer Group employs approximately 50,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia & New Zealand. Downer designs, builds & sustains assets, infrastructure & facilities & we are the leading provider of integrated services.
Downer Defence is the lead contractor providing Estate Maintenance & Operation Services (EMOS) for the Department of Defence in Queensland & Southern New South Wales. As lead contractor within the region we deliver a suite of services to support Defence capability.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected & encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference & foster a culture that supports diversity & inclusion.