|Posting||Accounts Payable Officer – Interiors, Design & Construction|
|Job Employer||Hamilton York|
|Location||North Shore & Northern Beaches|
|Salary||$65000 – $74999|
|Job Sector||Accounts Payable|
About Your New Employer
A privately-owned Sydney-based, Design, Interiors and construction business that have been 50 years in the making. Now Australia’s premier specialist in the design, fit out and build to some of the country’s most beautiful corporate workspaces
The organisation engages smart, driven and passionate people. Being in the business their own office is an open plan environment is packed full of different working and learning environments. Vintage pinball machines, arcade games, jukebox machine, caravan meeting room, massage chair, pool table, ping pong table and more are packed into their space.
That could be why, on average their staff happiness level for the last year alone is at 8/10 (that is, our staff answer between I am happy in my role, to I love getting out of bed, bring on a new work day!)
Beyond the epic environment their team has, they are about employing good, honest people, who become like family. Together, they can have fun and not take themselves too seriously but are accountable and work hard too – and their clients know and appreciate that.
About Your Role
As the accounts payable officer, you will support the Finance team by performing duties relating to general accounting, ensuring all accounts payable related targets and deadlines. The primary objective of this role is to ensure business transactions happen accurately and on time, to keep data and reporting tasks up to date and to ensure services are provided in an effective and efficient manner to customers and the finance team
- Process creditor payments, matching invoices to purchase orders, verifying goods received (quantity and price), investigating discrepancies, and data input. Responsible for the receipting of all stock purchases
- Providing assistance with Month End & Year End Financial Reporting (tasks include general ledger reconciliations, preparation of schedules and posting of general ledger journals)
- Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records.
- Inputting data into Jobpac with a high attention to detail
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing business transactions (e.g. disbursements, expenses, dockets, receipts, accounts payable).
- Disburse funds and gain the appropriate authorisations to ensure that the payments happen as scheduled.
- Reconcile bank statements
- Manage customer files and account set-ups
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a similar role
- Experience using Jobpac cloud accounting system (desirable but not essential)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Advanced skills in Excel.
- Highly organised.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management skills.
THIS POSITION MAY ALSO SUIT SOMEONE MOVING FROM PROFFESSIONAL PRACTICE
(Business Services or Audit Intermediate / Senior)
If you are interested in this position please click apply. If you would benefit from a confidential discussion before applying please call Mark Davis on 02 9053 8999 or 0405 349 462 or can be contacted by emailing [email protected]
Hamilton York is an independent Australian specialist financial recruitment practice. We are passionate about the talent we represent, partnering with Australia’s most prestigious and ambitious companies.
If this position is not suitable please call us on 02 9053 8999 or 0405 349 462 or email [email protected] to discuss a range of other opportunities or for a general discussion and preparation for the next successful stage in your career