|Location||CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Accounts Receivable/Credit Control|
To solve important problems we need to aim for the inclusion of our diverse talent. We empower our people to use their creativity, authenticity and human differences to be the champions of change. We know that when people from diverse backgrounds and with different points of view work together, we create the most value – for our clients, our people and our society. If you don’t think you quite meet all of the qualifications, we’d still love to hear from you.
Today’s world isn’t simple.The challenges facing business and society are complex. At PwC, we’ve created ‘The New Equation’ as our global strategy to address the breadth and complexity of challenges facing businesses and society. We’re combining everything we offer in new, creative ways. This builds trust, delivers sustained outcomes and helps clients solve their most important problems.
We know those challenges need to be looked at from a new angle. With your human ingenuity, passion and experience combined with the latest technology, these problems become easier to tackle. Together, we are a passionate community of solvers coming together in unexpected ways, creating new solutions for a new day.
We’re in the business of transformation. To transform the future, we’re building a diverse, ambitious team who strive for imaginative ways of solving our clients’ most important challenges. You’ll get to work with the latest technologies, in an environment that empowers you to think differently.
How and where work gets done is being reimagined. It all adds up to The New Equation.
The Credit Controller position is an integral part of Enabling Functions and is strongly linked in supporting the LOS (Lines of Service) daily. The main objective of the role is to provide client service and support to all partners, staff and clients at a branch and personal level. Our daily support also focuses on our expertise in Debtor Management, assessment of overdue bills and the credit control of risk.
Overdue debt and credit management discussions with Partners, Managers and Directors are vital to the dynamics of the role in such areas as building strong relationships with internal and external clients and resolving both internal and external queries in a timely manner.
Operational excellence is ongoing, to suit the needs & demands of both our internal and external clients. Such close interrelationships associated with the collection and controlling of overdue debt are vital to the continuous and proper function of not only the National Credit Control Dept but most importantly to the growth & profitability of all Lines of Service within PriceWaterhouseCoopers.
You will be part of a vibrant, and dynamic Credit team that are well respected within the firm, for their credit management knowledge and the high quality of service they give to the wider PwC business. The Credit management and collection team are based in our Barangaroo Sydney office. The team is diverse in their knowledge and credit skills each team member has where knowledge is shared on a regular basis.
- Responsible for the Debt management-credit control and collections of overdue bills for PwC’s Lines of Service.
- Responsible for the effective, professional, and cordial communication approach with partners, directors, managers and clients regarding overdue bills and queries via emails, letters, and phone calls.
- To support and respond to all queries pertaining to bills in a timely-effective and professional manner. Acceptable time to answer queries must be within 48hrs or less.
- The note keeping of all communication pertaining to the overdue bill must be noted in the Debtor Management Module in IPower- under AR notes or Debtor notes.
- To ensure that National Credit Control monitors and assists in the collection and allocation of cash and cheques, including fabrications in conjunction with TCS / AR, when required.
- To ensure all telephone credit card payments are answered and processed in a timely manner.
- To ensure all cheques payments are allocated and banked as per policy.
- Adhoc requests or project involvement as requested by the Manager.
- To ensure you are working within PwC credit control guidelines and KPI’s.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in Credit management and collections
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a team player
- Good communication and analytical skills
- Basic knowledge of Privacy Act
- Basic understanding of litigation process
- Intermediate skills in Excel and Google sheets
- Time management skills
- Conflict resolution skills
Your New Benefits
- Flexible daily working hours, we value work-life balance
- No dress code, wear what makes you feel comfortable and dress for your day
- Yearly bonus plan, because who doesn’t love to be rewarded for great performance!
- Health & fitness perks, like a wellness stipend
- Generous parental leave policy for mums, dads and foster carers
If you’re looking for a team that values your work and solves meaningful problems – then apply now to be considered for the position!
We believe the best work is human-led and tech-powered. If you’re keen to apply and need reasonable adjustments or would like to note which pronouns you use at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.