|Posting||Chief Accounting Officer|
|Job Employer||Toll Group|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
|Job Sector||Financial Managers & Controllers|
At Toll, we do more than just logistics – we move the businesses that move the world. Our 20,000 team members can help solve any logistics, transport or supply chain challenge – big or small. We have been supporting our customers for more than 130 years. Today, we support more than 20,000 customers worldwide with 500 sites in 25 countries, and a forwarding network spanning 150 countries. We are proudly part of Japan Post — www.tollgroup.com
The Chief Accounting Officer is responsible for all aspects of the Toll Group month-end consolidation and statutory reporting requirements; including the completion of periodic processing and control activities which deliver the timely and accurate reporting of the Group consolidated results, prepared in compliance with established accounting policies and procedures.
The role liaises with numerous stakeholders including the Board of Directors (Audit Risk Committee), the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Financial Officer, the Divisions and Business Units finance personnel, external and internal audits and working with Global Logistics Business Division in Japan Post.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Tertiary/professional qualification: Chartered Accountant or Certified Professional/Practising Accountant
- Work experience: 15+ years prior related job experience and 10+ years supervisory experience
- Expert level knowledge and understanding of accounting standards – International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proven ability to manage month end close and the completion of balance sheet reconciliations together with monthly reporting.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end record to report processes and principles
- Ability to drive process standardisation and simplification, by making optimal use of system controls and available technical solutions.
- Create competitive advantage through strong partnerships with Finance and non-Finance stakeholders.
- Collaborate across boundaries and build win-win solution for customers.
- Influence without formal authority.
- Lead delivery of extraordinary business outcomes.
- Empower teams and hold them accountable.
- Focus on delivering high performance standards and results for the Group.
- Set a high standard for professional and operational excellence in execution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience reporting to Audit Risk Committees and Global Leadership Teams.
With a bold vision and innovative drive, join our 20,000 colleagues as we lead industry change and transform how customers best meet their global supply chain needs in a meaningful and sustainable way. There are countless opportunities to learn and make a real impact in shaping our industry’s future. Grow with diverse challenges amongst a friendly and inclusive global culture. Take pride in building relationships that matter, because being connected is at the centre of what makes Toll great – it’s what makes our possibilities endless.
Toll embraces and celebrates a variety of cultures. We continue to build a business that reflects the values of equality, built on the knowledge and understanding that everyone is welcome including the First Nations Peoples and those of all ages, genders and abilities.
To find out more about us visit www.tollgroup.com/careers
To be considered, you must be entitled to work in the specified country and be prepared to undertake pre-employment checks including a criminal history check and medical assessment.