|Posting||Consultant – Corporate Tax|
|Location||CBD & Inner Suburbs|
What are you looking for from your next employer?
- Diversity – At BDO this isn’t just a buzz word! We embrace the diverse world that we live in with our workforce reflecting the clients we service throughout the world we encourage our staff members to bring their true self to work each and every day. This was capped by being named an Inclusive Employer for 2021-2022 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
- Professional development – BDO offers genuine professional development with our market leading RISE program, local technical training, professional study support, on the job coaching and mentoring.
- Flexibility – At BDO we have embraced the new working life with hybrid Working from Home (WFH), safety checklist for all WFH enviro, annual allowance for home office upgrades, as well as other Flexible working options including part-time and home-based work – these are available to all staff based on individual and firm needs.
- Leave – At BDO we offer a number leave options such as annual, personal, carers, compassionate, parental – primary and secondary carers, and long service
- Care – Above all else BDO cares about you! We offer discounted gym membership & health insurance, wellbeing workshops, group fitness classes, active social club, workplace giving, daily breakfast and fresh fruit and an inclusive culture where you can bring your true self to work.
As a Consultant within our Corporate Tax practice you will be mentored by our industry leaders, developing your knowledge and skill set in complex compliance and consulting tax work.
You will be responsible for the following:
- Undertaking tax due diligence assignments and transactional work
- Researching and drafting tax letters of advice
- Liaising with the ATO regarding client matters
- Preparation and review of income tax returns and work papers
- Preparation and review of tax effect accounting calculations
- Helping to mentor and develop technical skills of graduates and junior staff
About the team
BDO’s Brisbane Tax practice has established itself as a major player within the local marketplace, advising many of Queensland’s leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. The BDO Brisbane Tax Team provides the Brisbane market with a full tax service offering, Corporate & International Tax, Indirect Tax, Transfer Pricing and Research & Development. The team is led by 10 Brisbane based specialist tax partners with over 70 tax professionals in the team. Due to consistent growth and expansion within the market, we are currently sourcing a Consultant to work within our Corporate and International Tax team.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Hold a university degree in accounting and/or law (or related disciplines)
- Currently studying a CA/CPA qualification, Graduate Diploma or Masters
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in tax compliance, with a passion for improving your advisory technical expertise and knowledge
- Consulting exposure to a range of clients, ideally including cross-border structures, financing arrangements and transactions
- Experience in a Corporate Tax team, ideally from a Big 4 or mid-tier, looking to further your career.
What we will offer you
BDO offers professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility, global career growth opportunities and an industry-competitive salary package.
We are committed to building your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills, and balance work with promoting health, wellbeing, workplace giving and social activities. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA).
To submit your application please click Apply or for further information please contact Donna O’Loughlin on 3237 5796. Learn more what we offer at BDO.
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST #LI-DO1